Remote Coordinator, Financial Assistance Program
Chicago, Illinois, US
Dallas, TX, US
Remote, Remote, US
Requisition ID: 2180
About Susan G. Komen
Susan G. Komen brings a 100% virtual working environment and you can work anywhere within the U.S. We are a force united by a promise to end breast cancer forever. For over 30 years, we’ve led the way funding groundbreaking research, community health initiatives and advocacy programs in local communities across the U.S. and in more than 30 countries. Susan G. Komen is the ONLY organization that addresses breast cancer on multiple fronts such as research, community health, global outreach and public policy initiatives in order to make the biggest impact against this disease.
Komen strives to have a culture of passionate, growth-minded professionals who thrive in a team environment, and work collaboratively to inspire greatness in others! We take an ongoing approach to ensure open communication from all levels throughout the organization. It’s encouraged to give and receive feedback to ensure two way accountability with a focus on continual improvement both personally and professionally!
What You’ll Be Doing in the role of Coordinator, Financial Assistance Program
The Coordinator, Financial Assistance Program will serve as front-line staff on the Patient Care Services team to review and process financial assistance applications from individuals undergoing treatment for breast cancer. The average work day for this position is from 9 am to 5 pm CT Monday through Friday. This candidate will possess superior organizational and customer service skills to ensure the utmost care and discretion when reviewing requests for assistance. The Coordinator will review applications for completion; communicate with applicants to ensure the receipt of necessary documentation; and approve applications meeting program eligibility criteria.
What You Will Bring to the Table
- Review applications for financial assistance submitted to the Komen Treatment Assistance Program for completion and adherence to eligibility criteria.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external parties in resolving inquiries related to Treatment Assistance Program applications or awards.
- Demonstrate the utmost discretion and confidentiality when reviewing and communicating about Treatment Assistance Program applicants and awardees.
- Communicate with applicants to secure missing documentation (income verification or physician attestation of breast cancer treatment)
- Maintain an organized, routine process to ensure applicants move through the entire program cycle in a timely manner (less than 30 days from application to award, if funds are available), including the communication of award approval, issuance of financial assistance, and follow-up survey.
- For applicants that do not meet program eligibility criteria or funds are not available; ensure the applicant receives notification of their status within 30 days of receipt of application.
- Coordinate with Accounting team to resolve payment inquiries from approved applicants related to the release of financial assistance.
- Escalate cases to manager, as appropriate.
- All other duties as assigned.
We Already Know You Will Also Have
- Work Experience 2 – 5 years
- Education: High School Diploma / GED
- The ideal candidate will have five years of customer service experience working with stakeholders from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds. Candidates must possess a strong attention to detail and proficiency working with online databases.
- Fluent in English and Spanish (Required)
So what’s in it for you?
Komen believes in the importance of taking care of our employees so that in turn they can be committed to supporting our critical mission to support those impacted by breast cancer and to help find cures. That is what Komen provides away from the computer:
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision and a retirement plan with a 6% employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- Flexible work arrangement in a fully remote working environment
- Bi-weekly work from home stipend
- Parental leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A culture of learning and development
- And so much more!
Susan G. Komen is fair and equal in all of its employment practices for persons without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Additionally we embrace Diverse Teams & Perspective and we find strength in the diversity of cultural backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.