Endpoints News, the go-to site for news and analysis about biotech and pharma, is seeking a full-time Copy / Visuals Editor. This role involves far more than checking copy for grammar, style and punctuation. We’re looking to up our game in everything from editorial graphics to our data visualizations, and achieve a new standard in our news copy.
The ideal candidate has a strong grasp on grammar, usage, spelling, and punctuation, who can copy edit a steady flow of daily news and longer-term projects, while giving our headlines and copy added SEO oomph. The Copy / Visuals Editor would also create graphs and charts on the fly for news stories and develop them for special reports and enterprise features, helping to further establish our distinctive look. They’ll also help jazz up and expand our presence on social media. A talent for juggling multiple projects is a must, as is an ability to work remotely with a far-flung, yet collegial group of fellow journalists. A sense of fun is a plus.
- Copy edit a steady flow of daily news and longer-term projects
- Create graphs and charts on the fly for news stories and features
- Social media editor posting on Twitter and LinkedIn
- Have at least one year of copyediting experience, internships included. Reporting and/or fact-checking experience also counts.
- Be well-grounded in grammar, syntax, punctuation and, preferably, AP Style and have a sense for SEO.
- Be ready and willing to jump into a fast-paced environment and able to take the initiative in handling daily work and longer-term projects.
- Experience with social media in a newsroom environment is a plus.
Why work for us?
Endpoints is a fast-growing organization with plenty of opportunity for a strong editor to advance as the newsroom expands. Our editorial team is committed to delivering an independent and objective look at the companies and people we cover from lifesaving scientific breakthroughs to bad corporate behavior. We’re also committed to the highest standards of journalistic ethics. We offer better-than-competitive salaries, employer-paid health insurance and generous time off, among other benefits.
Come dig into two of the most important industries on the planet, particularly during a pandemic.