Location: United States – Remote
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
The Copy team maintains Mindbody brand voice and tone across all marketing communications, as well as through many other external communications. You’ll execute company-wide strategy through copywriting for marketing campaigns and other initiatives, distilling complex concepts into digestible pieces and always staying consistent with brand and copywriting style guidelines. Copywriters contribute to overall brand awareness for mass consumption by general consumers, including business customers and prospects, as well as by targeted markets and businesses.
As a copywriter, you’ll be responsible for maintaining voice and tone, grammar, syntax, style, and brand conventions across a wide range of marketing campaigns and external communications. You’ll creatively execute these with various projects, including online, print, video, and multi-media. This position involves making creative decisions and drafting original, compelling, on-brand copy that aligns with product and corporate strategy. You’ll also collaborate with a lot of smart, creative people on fun projects that challenge your imagination.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in English, journalism, advertising, marketing, technical certification, or work equivalent. Strong written language skills required.
- 2+ years digital or print copywriting experience, potentially including writing for emails, 1-pagers, digital ads, landing pages, slide decks, events signage, blog posts, white papers, guides, infographics, social media captions, and more.
- Proficient in concepts, practices, and procedures of copywriting.
- Professional knowledge of English grammar and familiarity with various forms of style and composition.
- Ability to make creative decisions and draft original, compelling, on-brand copy that adheres to brand strategy.
- Ability to work across disciplines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with visual designers, video editors, motion graphics designers, project managers, product managers, UX designers, fellow copywriters, and creative leads to develop influential content, addressing design specifications and applying results gained from user testing and research.
- Build and maintain brand voice and tone, ensuring consistency across all touchpoints in the customer journey by creating and upholding standards, style guides, and processes.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to align content strategy with target audience needs, brand positioning, and team resources.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop and create concepts for best-in-class user experiences.
- Effectively collaborate to navigate resistance or objections from key decision-makers, and demonstrate ability to see and work with others’ perspectives.
- Clearly and accurately express ideas and convey information.