Work with a Purpose:
At Hello Alice we are about equal access fueled by technology and powered by everyone who believes that diverse small business participation isn’t just the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do. That’s true of our small business owners, and it’s true of our team. If you agree, keep reading.
About Hello Alice:
Hello Alice is a free, multichannel platform that helps businesses launch and grow. With a community of over 1 million business owners in all 50 states and across the globe, Hello Alice is building the largest network of owners in the country while tracking data and trends to increase the success rate for entrepreneurs. Our partners include enterprise business services, government agencies, and institutions looking to serve small- and medium-business owners to ensure increased revenues and promote scale. A Latina owned company, founded by Carolyn Rodz and Elizabeth Gore, we believe in business for all by providing access to all owners including women, people of color, veterans, and everyone with an entrepreneurial spirit. To learn more, visit helloalice.com, as well as Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
As the Creative Director at Hello Alice, you’ll focus on telling the stories of over 1 million diverse small business owners and the lessons learned along their unique paths through entrepreneurship. As an exceptional creator with an impressive portfolio of campaigns which you have designed and developed over your career, you’ll use a variety of media to teach, inspire and guide diverse business owners and the ecosystem that supports them. We’re a company which puts our small business community at the forefront, and as a seasoned designer and content strategist, you will ensure our brand promise is seamlessly woven into everything we do. This role will work cross-functionally with our product team, marketing team, sales team, and partnerships team, leading an in-house branding and creative team.
You’ll report directly to our Chief Strategy Officer, Megan MacDonald. Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all United States locations are considered.
Role and Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- Oversee art and copywriting direction across all channels.
- Lead a talented creative team of four including designers and copywriters, who deliver compelling content both in our marketing channels and in support of our User Experience, that elevates our brand and drives small business owners to action
- Update and evolve the existing brand style guide to better articulate our mission and community and provide consistency and cohesion across channels.
- Partner with copywriters, designers, photographers and videographers to deliver creative executions that support the brand mission across all platforms: web, mobile, social, print, email, signage, presentations, events, and video.
- Work hand in hand with product designers to deliver a compelling, on-brand user experience.
- Oversee and provide art direction for photography shoots and illustration work as we rapidly expand our content inventory.
- Provide ongoing creative support to cross-functional stakeholders in marketing, product, sales and partner success.
- Surprise and delight our small business owners and stakeholders at every opportunity, in a manner that enhances the Hello Alice mission to enable business for all.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 10 years of design and creative direction experience (publishing, in-house brand or agency).
- Impressive portfolio across a breadth of channels that demonstrates original thinking and ability to drive business goals.
- Strong network of contributors (photo, video and illustration) and a demonstrated ability to hire and supervise contractors to deliver on-brand outcomes.
- Expert proficiency in Photoshop and InDesign, and any new and emerging design-specific software.
- Demonstrated ability to make impactful creative decisions based on insights and systems-based thinking (vs personal vision/taste).
- Open and accountable collaborator who excels in a team dynamic.
- Passionate and curious, you are a believer in the brand opportunity and the sense of magic/exploration and adventure the Hello Alice brand offers.
- Flexible, dependable and willing to work well into the weeds when needed.
Hello Alice is a fully remote team, so all United States locations are considered.
Hello Alice is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
www.helloalice.com // Twitter // Facebook // Instagram // LinkedIn