UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is recruiting a CRM Associate (Salesforce Platform Administrator) within the Digital Service in the Division of External Relations.
UNHCR is a global organisation dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 125 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions.
Title: CRM Associate (Salesforce Platform Administrator)
Duty Station: Europe (Home-based)
Duration: as soon as possible to 31/12/2022
Contract Type: UNOPS Local Support, Level LICA-6 (equivalent to GS-6)**
Closing date: 18 February 2022
As part of the UNHCR Business Transformation Programme (BTP), UNHCR has adopted Salesforce as the platform for CRM implementation of fundraising and engagement and management systems (Synergy Project). This is building upon existing development of the Salesforce unicorn managed package developed by PSP to create an integrated engagement and relationship management tool across the organization, and thus requires strengthening of the Salesforce global team in DES to support and service the initiative, platform, current and future roll-outs.
This is a project position sitting in the SF global team in support of UNHCR’s business transformation programme where SF will be integrated with other core UNHCR business solutions, the roll-out of the DRRM solution, and also continued roll-out of PSP markets who are adopting SF.
The CRM Associate is effectively the Salesforce/unicorn.global product manager and serves as the technical lead for the unicorn managed package from design through to development, testing and deployment. This is a specialized position in the Digital Engagement Section.
The incumbent will need to have excellent knowledge, skills and technical experience in Salesforce product development and management within fundraising, engagement & relationship management, with a wide-range of Salesforce products including the non-profit success pack (NPSP) development, rolling out corporate-wide business applications as well as a good understanding of the development life-cycle (requirements gathering & design, development & configuration, testing & deployment) and oversight.
Duties and responsibilities
The CRM Associate (Salesforce) will serve a technical lead and product owner for specific Salesforce instances / projects. This includes:
Manage requirements and backlog
· Work with end users and business owners to define requirements and UAC (User Acceptance Criteria) for new developments or change requests related to the instance under their management
· Lead the work with the external consulting agency throughout the development cycle for the relevant instances and projects, including being part of the scrum team
· Decide with the team about roadmap and feature prioritization across projects
· Liaise between local and global requirements and assess when a feature needs to be added to the package and when it should stay local
· Liaise between the consulting agency and UNHCR’s testing team to submit and prioritize change requests, defining user stories and maintaining a backlog
· Lead on testing throughout the different testing phases: functional, user acceptance, regression
Platform management and integrations
· Handle new unicorn installation/release updates on the relevant instances
· Develop and maintain relevant documentation for the instances they are managing
· Manage integrations on the instances under their management, including understanding the on-platform solution using CDT, as well as integrations to email marketing, payment processing and front-end tools
· General Salesforce support when support team is not available
· Engage and support in specific projects (e.g., Selligent integration, Call Centre)
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
· University Degree in IT, Commerce, Economics, Business Administration, or Public Administration
· Excellent business analysis, elicitation, and people skills
· At least three years proven experience in developing Salesforce solutions for non-profits ideally in fundraising and engagement & relationship management
· Salesforce certification required
· Not-for-profit fundraising support, sales cycle, and opportunity management experience
· Customer relations and customer care experience
· Proven project management experience
· Strong IT skills are essential
· Exposure to management and change initiatives in an international, decentralized and/or multinational environment, with specific experience implementing at least one CRM or ERP solution.
· Practical experience with process mapping programmes.
· Ability to analyse problems in general and think creatively to propose appropriate solutions.
· Commitment to live up to high ethical and professional standards. An outgoing personality and a team player with a service-oriented attitude.
· Good knowledge of UNHCR programmes, policies and activities.
· Fluency in English
· Second UN language is desirable
The role will be home-based in Europe.
Some international and regional travel may be required.
This position is initially up to the end of the year with possibility of extension. It is a full-time role starting from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
How to apply
This vacancy is open for applicants residing in Europe only. The remuneration level and the applicable entitlements and benefits may be different based on the residence of the most suitable selected candidate.
To learn more and apply, please visit https://bit.ly/3AUpAh2
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Closing date of receipt of application: 18 February 2022