Customer Support Specialist
Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables PR teams to work together to find the right journalists for their stories, send customized pitches, build meaningful relationships with the media, monitor news, and quantify their impact.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc.,G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for an analytical and curious Customer Support Specialist to join our team and make a big impact.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will be focused on ensuring that customers receive best-in-class service and have access to the help they need to be successful using Muck Rack. You’ll be a good fit for this role if you enjoy creating exceptional customer experiences and helping customers achieve their goals comes naturally to you.
You will work closely with the editorial, customer success, and product teams.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a first responder for inbound communication through our site
- Answer customer questions and provide how-to help on Muck Rack’s capabilities, with a focus on reducing customer effort and furthering product knowledge
- Troubleshoot technical issues and diagnose errors online and over the phone
- Escalate and diagnose software issues; work with our product and engineering teams to solve complex product issues
- Follow site issues to resolution and customer satisfaction
- Proactively reach out to customers who show signs of user error
- Identify processes that need to be improved and evolved
- Maintain expert product knowledge of Muck Rack and stay well informed of new and existing features
How success will be measured in this role:
- Time to close
- Average time to respond within 10 minutes or less
- Number of conversations replied to
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 1-2+ years of experience in technical support; B2B and SaaS experience is preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on listening and asking the right questions; comfort communicating with customers via chat, email
- Can autonomously troubleshoot and perform in-depth investigations to fix a problem
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and customer needs
- Familiarity with the tools we use, including Google Apps, Hubspot (or Salesforce), Slack, Intercom, GitHub, and you learn how to use new tools quickly
- Familiarity with technical writing; writing troubleshooting and navigation steps for websites
- Attention to detail and curiosity to identify the core of issues
- Continuous learner with a desire to be the first to learn new features
- Experience working in public relations or familiarity with the industry is preferred
- Familiarity with boolean searching
- Must be willing to work one of the following shifts: 5:00am-2:00pm EST OR 11:00am-8:00pm EST
Below you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for our Customer Support Specialist role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Take-home assignment (2 hours max)
- Final interview with several members of our team
In the US, the base salary for this role is $27/hour. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, and disability insurance for employees and their families. We offer two plans with 100% premium coverage for individuals and 85% premium coverage for dependents, as well as a range of other plans. Our team also has access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, as well as FSA and HSA options. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented No Internal Meeting Fridays year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.
If you’re excited about an opportunity at Muck Rack but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the requirements of the role outlined here, please don’t let it stop you from applying. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we want to hear from you. You may be a great fit for this role or another position on our team. We deliberately encourage individuals from all backgrounds, including race, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability status to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer and we’re committed to a fair and consistent interview process and candidate experience.