Data & Analytics Competence Lead
What we stand for is delegated company spending. And on the face of things, that might not sound exciting. But, to us and to our customers, it really is. We believe that the way that work works today is outdated. We think that companies can delegate to their employees more – to support their ownership and to show them trust. No more expense reports, no more out-of-pocket spending. This puts trust in employees so that they can buy what they need when they need it. Future of work stuff, you know?
But let us introduce you to the two domains this role will be part of:
Admin Experience and Spending Journey At Pleo
You’ll be working to improve the lives of our three main personas: the employee, the company admin and the finance teams. Whether it’s about getting your entire workforce smoothly onboarded to Pleo, guiding an individual to make their first purchase or helping finance teams get the right VAT details in place for expenses: we believe there’s a lot of time to be saved and we can do so in a delightful way.
The millions of expenses that run through our product provide interesting insights into spending behaviour, that we’re keen to leverage to continuously improve our user experience.
So What’s Data & Analytics At Pleo Like?
- Join our community of 30+ talented data & analytics professionals working from more than 10 different locations worldwide with backgrounds in data analytics, analytical engineering and data engineering.
- Work with a modern data & analytics toolkit including Looker, BigQuery, dbt, Airflow, Fivetran, Segment, Amplitude, & Kafka.
- A shared vision to stop the guessing game and unlock growth for Pleo.
- A lot of attention on data culture, strategy and empowerment of our stakeholders.
- Dedicated learning & development guidance and support for data professionals.
- Deal with a huge variety of data and insights spanning the entire business, from the detailed inner workings of the Pleo platform to web & app metrics, CRM details, financial and banking records, human resource information, and everything else needed to fuel Pleo’s decision making processes in a data inspired manner.
What Great Looks Like In This Role
- You and your team are company-wide trusted experts for insights related to Admin Experience + Spending Journey domains.
- You successfully nurture a culture of data inspired decision making in alignment with the other Data & Analytics leaders.
- You are an ambassador for excellence within the Data & Analytics community, you lead by example and inspire others.
- You and your team empowered the Admin Experience + Spending Journey domains to derive descriptive and diagnostic insights autonomously, while you focus on predictive and prescriptive insights.
- You and your team are highly satisfied in terms of career growth and your sense of belonging to the Admin Experience + Spending Journey domains and the Data & Analytics competence crew.
- You solve problems through collaboration rather than control.
- Be the Data & Analytics Competence Lead for up to 4 Data Analysts (state: 2022) of the Admin Experience + Spending Journey domains, support their career growth efforts and provide coaching
- Ensure Data & Analytics best practices and standards are identified, cultivated and followed in your competence crew and domains, own the quality of work and provide ways of solving problems
- Act as multiplier for Data & Analytics inside the domains and facilitate the feedback loop to other Data & Analytics functions at Pleo
- Be accountable for your team’s delivery, balance speed and quality
- Facilitate activities to increase the level of data literacy within the domains together with your team
Your Colleagues Say You:
- Have excellent hands-on knowledge of SQL and experience with more advanced analytics topics such as cohort and regression analysis
- Are an expert in product analytics
- Are experienced with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Looker or similar
- Communicate with clarity and empathy on insights and recommendations to cross-functional stakeholders for decision making
- Are an authentic leader and a role model for radical candor
- Have an eye for details and quality is more important for you than speed
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Ability to work remotely (anywhere between the east coast of the Americas to European timezones)…
- …or onsite if you want to (Copenhagen, Stockholm, London, Madrid, Montreal, Berlin, Lisbon)
- Lunch is on us – whether you are working remote or at one of our offices
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- Trips abroad for team camps. We’ve just been to Costa Brava, in Spain – we’d love to see you at the next one!
- 25 days holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave – we want to make sure that we’re supportive of families and help you feel that you don’t have to compromise your family due to work
- 2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay for part of your MBA – entirely up to you!). We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer; we’ll be happy to outline more!
At Pleo, we use English for all our internal communication to keep everyone on the same page; please submit your application in English unless otherwise stated above.
We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us – and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply – regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
Not everyone interviews the same: if you have accessibility needs that you would like us to know about, send an email to our Inclusion team at email@example.com and we’ll make sure to design an interview format that works for you.
Why work here?
Working at Pleo means you’re working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we’ve seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we’re onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that’s Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 74 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ’d out of Copenhagen means we’re inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don’t work in the office with us we’ll help you get up the best remote setup possible, and will fly you in for our amazing team camps