Data & Insights Analyst
London or Remote
What do we do?
Paddle offers SaaS companies a completely different approach to their payments infrastructure. Instead of assembling and maintaining a complex stack of payments-related apps and services, we’re a Merchant of Record for our customers, taking away 100% of the pain of payments fragmentation. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and, above all, way better.
In May 2022, we joined forces with ProfitWell. ProfitWell provides BI solutions that improve retention and monetization automatically through unmatched subscription intelligence. As one team and one platform, we offer the “done for you” approach to SaaS payments, billing, and growth.
We’re backed by investors including KKR, FTV Capital, Kindred, Notion, and 83North and serve over 3000 software sellers in 245 territories globally.
The Data & Insights team are building the foundations to support Paddle’s growth and demand for commercial data. This is an exciting time to join, where you will be part of a team migrating to a scalable BI stack and driving proactive business insights to impact our Go-to-Market strategy.
The Data & Insights team are responsible for all aspects of data modelling in the commercial functions, including but not limited to: business forecasting, revenue planning, demand generation pipeline, and ABM reporting.
The role of the Data & Insights Analyst is to support commercial functions in understanding their data, both on an ad hoc and project basis. This includes capturing and understanding business requirements, designing and deploying appropriate data models and presenting insights derived from this data to enable operational performance.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the development of Data and Insights projects end-to-end:
- Work on scoped briefs under the guidance of the Data and Insights Manager and Senior Analysts.
- Work with CRM, Marketing data, product data, .csv files and several other data sources through usage of Excel and SQL.
- Create best-in-class dashboards and visualizations to drive maximum insight from Paddle’s data.
- Collaborate with other members of the Data & Insights, and broader Revenue Operations team.
- Become a subject matter expert on Paddle commercial data.
- Collaborate on the development of self-serve initiatives across the business to support both technical and non-technical teams with data discovery and drawing actionable insights.
- Contribute to strategic planning by deriving insights and recommendations from projects and reporting, to help shape the direction of the commercial business. Including but not limited to:
- Business Intelligence dashboarding.
- Data discovery.
- Development of industry knowledge and best practices.
- Customer revenue modelling
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong commercial experience in SQL and Excel. Experience with Python is a plus.
- Experience driving insights from complex datasets.
- Strong data visualisation and presentation techniques.
- Exposure to BI and ETL tools, such as Sisense, Looker, Tableau and PowerBI. Working knowledge of dbt and Snowflake is a plus.
- A proactive approach to challenges and are comfortable operating in an unstructured environment
- Proven project and stakeholder management skills
Everyone is welcome at Paddle
At Paddle, we’re committed to removing invisible barriers, both for our customers and within our own teams. We recognise and celebrate that every Paddler is unique and we welcome every individual perspective. As an inclusive employer we don’t care if, or where, you studied, what you look like or where you’re from. We’re more interested in your passion for learning and what you’ll bring to the table. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t match every part of the job ad, especially if you’re part of an underrepresented group. Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to better support you through the application process and in the workplace. We’re committed to building a diverse team where everyone feels safe to be their authentic self. Let’s grow together.
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse, growing group of Paddlers across the globe who pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative and respectful culture. We live and breathe our values, which are:
Execute with impact
Better than Yesterday
We offer a full suite of benefits, including attractive salaries, stock options, retirement plans, private healthcare and wellbeing initiatives.
We are a ‘digital-first’ company, which means you can work remotely, from one of our stylish hubs, or even a bit of both! We offer all team members unlimited holidays and 4 months paid family leave regardless of gender. We love our casual dress code, annual company retreats and much more. We invest in learning and will help you with your personal development via constant exposure to new challenges, an annual learning fund, and regular internal and external training.