Title: Part-Time Data Scientist, PIK (Projects In Knowledge)
Location: Remote/Nationwide Remote/Nationwide USA
If you are enthusiastic about education, using your skills and talents to help improve people s lives, and interested in working on a team of professionals at a globally respected education organization- you ve found the right place. At Kaplan, we re passionate about what we do and who we do it for.
Unyielding determination to make a difference in people’s lives through the power of education- That is Kaplan. For more than 80 years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in education and professional advancement. We are the intersection of education and technology, providing our students and clients with an experience that not only allows them to achieve their goals, but also ignites lifelong learning. Kaplan s culture of collaboration, innovation, and creativity truly makes Kaplan a great place to work and positions us to continue to deliver a best-in-class educational experience.
The future of education is here and we are eager to work alongside those that want to make a positive impact and inspire change in the world around them.
The Data Analyst role is a creative problem solver who utilizes learner, clinician, and patient data to perform analysis and create visualizations and uses modeling skills to uncover and present insights that will significantly and meaningfully impact business decisions and actions. She/he applies data analysis expertise in identifying, defining and executing state-of-the-art techniques to uncover data insights important to our business.
Successful candidates will have good communication and critical thinking skills, and the ability to break down complex problems. Quick learners are preferred over many years of experience, as are candidates who aspire to make a difference over those who aim to just fill orders.
This is a part-time role and will require about 20 hours a week.
- Develop, maintain, and manage analytics, reporting, and other Business Intelligence solutions
- Extract, manipulate, analyze & interpret data from various corporate data sources developing advanced analytic solutions, deriving key observations, findings, insights, and formulating actionable recommendations
- Generate clearly understood and intuitive dashboards using knowledge of UI/UX best practices
- Participate in best practice sharing and communication platform for advancement of the data analysis discipline
- Assist in execution of company-wide data initiatives
- Comply with established Service Level Agreements to ensure timely, high-quality deliverables with value-add recommendations, clearly articulated key findings and observations
- Present impact, insights, outcomes & recommendations to key business partners and stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning, Business, or similar degree with a quantitative emphasis
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis in a digitally advanced industry focusing on sales and business development, strategic initiatives, marketing and/or operations
- Advanced knowledge of best-in-class analytic software tools and languages: Tableau, SQL, Salesforce, Python, R, Excel
- Experience in data visualization and data mining techniques.
- Strong Critical thinking skills to track down complex data and engineering issues, evaluate different algorithmic approaches, and analyze data to solve problems
- Ability to translate/communicate complex analytical/statistical/mathematical concepts with non-technical audience
- Working knowledge of best-in-class technology “big data” platforms and cloud-based technology is a plus.