Title: Data Scientist
Location: Remote (United States)
Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!
Come join our Data team
Our Data Science team is committed to partnering in exploratory data analysis, conducting experimentation, and building and automating data-driven product features. We conduct research and development needed to make technical interviews more predictive. Working on the Data Science team, you will shape the future for the intelligence and efficiency of our product.
What you will do
As a Data Scientist at Karat, you will collaborate with Data Analysts, Data Engineers, and Software Engineers to design, implement, and scale our data processing and modeling platforms. You will be responsible for determining the feasibility of producing predictive models from available data to meet specified product requirements.
- Identify experimentation, automation and efficiency needs for Karat’s business and product teams, understanding their goals and metrics in order to conduct research to identify potential solutions.
- Design, build, and deploy efficient and reliable cloud-based data modeling pipelines to deliver automation and predictive modeling services.
- Help refine our interview data processes to increase the signal captured in every minute of our interviews and maximize the value provided to our customers.
- Investigate new data sources and methods for combining multiple data sources to support new types of data analysis, modeling and new product features
- Identify methods for automating existing manual business processes
- Help manage and advance our experimentation platform to support testing new features and making intelligent product development decisions
- Protect Karat’s data processes against quality issues. Design and develop data modeling performance monitoring.
- Support our engineering teams by reviewing code and designs as-needed
- Nurture data conversations within Karat by educating teammates about data science and machine learning.
The experience you will bring
- 3+ years of tech industry experience in data science, machine learning, software engineering, or other related roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, a natural science or equivalent quantitative subject (or equivalent experience) preferred
- Experience with Python and related data science and machine learning libraries
- Significant experience with relational databases with a strong knowledge of SQL and data modeling best principles
- Experience with data visualization and presentation, data analytics and BI tools, and cloud services
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice