Data Specialist (Remote)
Job Category: Operations
Requisition Number: DATAS002077
At Truckstop.com, we have transformed the entire freight-moving lifecycle with our SaaS solutions. From freight matching to payments and everything in between, we are the trusted partner for carriers, brokers, and shippers alike.
We lead this industry forward with our One Team mindset committing to principles such as assume positive intent, have each other’s back, and be your authentic self. Our drive for greatness produces high expectations, yet our regard for humans is even higher.
Join a team of brilliant minds and generous hearts who care deeply about other’s success.
The Data Specialist will examine certificates of insurance, analyze existing information and, if needed, update certificates of insurance. This position is critical to ensuring that we are providing accurate information to our clients so they can make effective decisions when hiring a carrier. In addition, this data is also crucial to the carrier to be eligible for hire.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze the information listed on the certificate of insurance to determine if the new certificate will need to be updated
- Validate the certificate is attached to the proper Insured in our system
- Identify, log, and correct certificates attached to the incorrect Insured
- Prioritize and process client certificates; some may require rush processing
- Accurately input data from each certificate into our database
- Request revised certificate from insurance agency if necessary
- Research internal notes within our system prior to taking action on verifications
- Call insurance producer for verification
- Compare information on FMCSA, SAFER, and Intrastate websites to the information on the certificate/s to determine that our database has the most accurate data
- Data enterers are encouraged to provide feedback and make suggestions to improving the team’s performance
- Process cancellations and reinstatement notices
- Meet daily quota with a high degree of accuracy
- Verify daily work to ensure accuracy
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with commercial insurance is preferred
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to give and receive feedback
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Comfortable working independently with little supervision
- Demonstrate effective time management and dependability
- Support a team environment, focused on the greater good and eager to pitch in to help when needed
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other related occasional work that may be assigned or is completed by the employee.
Truckstop.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.