There are over 40 million developers in the world, and all of them write and review code in some form. DeepSource is working on building tools that help developers ship good code. We believe there’s a massive opportunity to impact how software is built right from where the code is written using automation and intelligence, which not only improves developer productivity but also increases software’s robustness.
As DeepSource’s first Developer Advocate, you will be responsible for building a strong developer community around DeepSource, keep them posted about updates from DeepSource and build a feedback loop with developer community. In addition to advocacy, you will also have shared responsibilities for developer education and engagement.
As a Developer Advocate, you will,
- Write documentation, publish articles and guides, organize events, and educate the developer community about static analysis, code quality, and security.
- You’ll build relationships with the programming language communities and open-source projects.
- Gain industry recognition and credibility as an attendee, panelist, and speaker at dev conferences and events.
- Initiate new projects and technical integrations between DeepSource and tools in the broader ecosystem.
- Collaborate with internal teams on the product roadmap, market positioning, messaging, and developer program initiatives.
- Deliver compelling presentations, setups and demos, sample solutions, technical blogposts, and discussions to drive the adoption of DeepSource.
- Scale, extend and drive the global expansion of existing community-focused programs, for example, Hackathons, User Groups, and Meet-ups.
We’re looking for someone who has,
- At least 3 years or similar experience as a developer advocate.
- Experience writing code, contributing to and understanding the community aspects of open source projects. You don’t need a Computer Science degree, but you should be able to create sample projects and code tutorials.
- A track record of speaking at conferences and meetups.
- You enjoy networking and speaking — we’re looking for someone who is energized by meeting new people.
- Stand out verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Previous experience working with developer tooling company is a huge plus.