Digital Editor, Technical Content Experience, AWS CX
Job ID: 2203419 | Amazon Dev Center U.S., Inc.
Learning to architect with Amazon Web Services can be a long road, and we are here to provide best practices to piece AWS services together.
We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented technical writer/editor who will collaborate with other writers/editors, content strategists, and Solutions Architects to help write, edit, and publish assets for our AWS Architecture Blog, Architecture Center whitepapers/reference architecture diagrams, and beyond.
You will be customer-obsessed and have backbone to advocate on behalf of that customer. You will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and time management, while working in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment. Your technical background will allow you to effectively interact with the technical field community while delivering the level of editing required for each asset. You will also have a working knowledge of SEO and be comfortable using data to inform decisions.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance: striking a healthy balance will be crucial for your success at AWS, which is why we offer flexible schedules to keep our employees happy in and out of work!
Key job responsibilities
- Work with field subject-matter experts to develop (write/rewrite/edit) a variety of technical content/guidance, including whitepapers, reference architecture diagram, and blog posts
- Use internal publication platforms and manage content pipelines
- Obsess over details and advocate for the delivery of the right content at the right time, delivered in the right place
- Present and lead conversations and workshops about projects, issues, solutions, and strategy
- Evangelize content standards that reflect the voice of AWS; help define efficient processes that streamline how we work
- Prioritize work independently and effectively to communicate clearly across all levels of the organization
- Collaborate with team members to derive insights from data, recommending content changes, as needed
About the team
The AWS Technical Content Experience team writes and provides support for a diverse technical audience, including cloud architects, developers, DevOps professionals, IT professionals, and technical program managers. We innovate, research, learn, and experiment. We collaborate with product managers to understand our customers’ needs. We know that what we do makes a difference to our customers. We work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
- 5+ years of experience writing and editing technical content (eg, documents, blogs, news, books, courses) or producing videos for technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communication, Technical Writing, or a related field/experience
- Exceptional communication (writing, editing, verbal) and collaboration skills
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and learn in-house user-interface tools
- Experience developing web content and using XML, markdown, or HTML
- Experience producing or reviewing code samples
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to develop business cases
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll-up sleeves and get the job done
- Experience optimizing content to increase organic traffic
- Advanced degree in relevant field or equivalent practical experience
- Previous experience writing/editing blogs or covering tech industry events for publication
- Experience using web analytics applications (eg, Adobe Analytics) to measure content performance and identify actionable insights
- Independent, proactive, and self-motivated with record in timely delivery of requests
- Demonstrated project management experience
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $146,900 – 190,100 (/yr); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
The pay range for this position in Jersey City, NJ is $161,100 – 205,900 (/yr.); however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Pay Transparency Regulation of Jersey City Municipal Code. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.
Editorial, Writing, & Content Management