Digital Farming Solution DevOps, RDP
Location: Duluth, GA, US
Digital Farming Solution DevOps (CATALYST)- Remote
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who is excited about a career aimed at improving farm operations and is passionate about designing industry-leading smart farming solutions to sustainably feed our world. AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and precision Ag technology driving farmer-focused solutions. This role is part of CATALYST, AGCO’s newly established Rotational Development Program.
CATALYST will offer you three 6 month rotations in the area of IT engineering over a total of 18 months to build up knowledge of the IT engineering field, our product portfolio, the product development process, in addition to essential business and soft skills.
Upon successful completion of the program, the IT Engineer will have career opportunity in AGCO’s IT engineering group. Candidates who apply for this program, should be interested in a long-term career path with AGCO and be excited about developing industry leading technologies in their area of IT engineering focus. By joining CATALYST, you will discover endless career opportunities through a strong foundation of product knowledge, technical skills and thorough understanding of our customers-famers.
What you will do (varies by rotation):
- As part of the CATALYST, you will interact and work with other CATALYST trainees from different functions, such as data analytics, sales and marketing, engineering, IT, etc., to build up a professional network that will benefit the rest of your career.
- The program also includes group development activities, such as facilities tours, customer visits, hands-on farming and machinery experience, continual education, mentorship, professional development workshop, and more.
- You will be part of a global, customer-centric team of IT engineering experts who are passionate about improving farm machinery and farming practices with the ultimate aim of placing the best possible tools in the hands of our customers, enabling them to maximize their farm income.
- The successful candidate will contribute to our product development process and gain experience in a breadth of engineering activities.
- Responsibilities may vary based on the person’s experience, skillset, and assigned rotations.
- Travel Requirement: <15% for meeting, training, and events during the CATALYST program
What you will bring:
- Fluency in English
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Preferred experience in the above listed development technologies ( Java, C++, Python)
- Knowledge of structured data formats, such as XML, JSON
- Familiarity with relational databases (SQL, Postgres)
A plus if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- Any experience in frameworks such as (React, Spring, Django/Flask)
- Git knowledge is nice to have
- AWS experience is nice to have
What we offer:
Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit while helping us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world’s nearly 8 billion people. From the day you decide to join AGCO, we want to engage and excite you and we’re clear on where we want to go as a business and we trust you to help us there. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career – and our business – to the next level.
We also invite you to “Make the Most of YOU” – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions to an environment where the future is happening now. Join us as we bring agriculture into the future.