Digital Marketing Manager
at Stride Health
Today, 60 million Americans work independently, and that trend is only accelerating. But benefits are tightly coupled with full-time, W2-based jobs. As a result, the millions of Americans who work independently are excluded from that financial safety net.
Stride is the world’s first benefits platform built specifically for contractors, part-timers, and the self-employed. We provide them all the same benefits you’d expect from a W2 job, like insurance, tax support, and discounts on products and services. In fact, since launching in 2014, Stride has helped more than 3 million Americans save more than $3 billion.
We’re partnered with the top employers of non-benefited workers, including DoorDash, Uber, Postmates, MasterCard, Amazon, Aon, and Willis Towers Watson. We’re backed with over $96 million in capital by Venrock, New Enterprise Associates, Fidelity’s F-Prime Capital Partners, King River Capital, Mastercard, and Allstate.
And we’re growing! While we started off exclusively serving non-benefited workers, other companies in our space started knocking on our door to tailor our platform for their customers. Now we need outstanding people (like you!) to help us reach our mission and improve access to affordable benefits for all.
About the Role
We’re looking for an ambitious, passionate, and creative Digital Marketing Manager that will be responsible for redefining our go-to-market approach. We need a real pro to create and deliver a dynamic digital marketing competency. If you are passionate about using your creativity and expertise to grow digital engagement with customers and prospects – like we’ve never seen before come show us your stuff! You’ll get to work closely with our marketing, product, engineering, and sales teams while having clear ownership of key initiatives and strategies.
This is a remote-friendly position and will report directly to the Head of Business Marketing.
- Responsible for all facets of day-to-day management including oversight and delivery of campaign set-up, keyword research/build-outs, ad copywriting, A/B testing, bid management, landing page selection, performance monitoring, budget pacing, and conversion optimization
- Maintain alignment with the product marketers, content marketers and editorial calendar, ensuring that ad copy and spend are consistent with quarterly goals and targets
- Partner with Consumer Growth digital team to make content and functionality improvements to support all drive to web activities
- Develop and execute paid acquisition marketing strategies for Facebook, Google, Twitter, Reddit and affiliate programming to optimize for efficient acquisition of new customers and members.
- Manage outside agencies and ensure proper monitoring, optimization and creative evolution to achieve goals, as well as budget management
- Experiment with audience segments, value props, creative, platforms and more to fine-tune our acquisition efforts
- Grow our app user base through paid media and ASA
- Develop reporting and analysis to inform budget and forecasting
- Drive organic growth by optimizing our non-technical SEO and ASO efforts
- Perform results analysis and share findings broadly across the company
- 5-7 years of experience in a digital marketing role at a leading internet company, ideally marketing benefits or health insurance products to consumers and/or marketing to gig economy workers.
- Experience with all modern marketing acquisition channels, specifically paid social, SEM and ASO
- Multi-channel experience running ABM, SEM, display, retargeting and social media ads
- Strong familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Keyword Planner and Google Trends
- Prior experience with technical aspects of PPC for tracking and measuring success
- Experience in managing campaign budgets and outside digital agencies
- Strong critical thinking skills with an analytical orientation and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of online lead generation tactics
- Highly analytical and data-driven mindset
- Being a team player who is driven, easy-to-work-with, accountable and enthusiastic
- Experience working in a startup environment.
We’re excited that you’re looking to Stride for your next leadership opportunity. We take that decision seriously and want to provide you with an opportunity where you can grow meaningfully in your career. We support a fully remote work structure, with bi-annual company retreats and opportunities to collaborate in-person with your teams in between, as necessary. In the meantime, you can check out our Built In and The Muse profiles!
Perks & Benefits
All US BASED full-time Stride employees are eligible for the following benefits and perks:
- Work remotely from wherever you want in the US, and still get together with your team at least twice per year
- For US based candidates, a salary calibrated to the San Francisco Bay Areahistorically the highest in the nation
- Health, Dental, and Vision plans with employees covered at 100% and dependents covered at 70%
- 12 weeks of paid bonding leave for birthing and non-birthing parents, inclusive of adoption and fostering
- Employer paid One Medical membership
- Flexible paid time off
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days
- 2 weeks of company-wide end-of-year refresh time
- 401k management platform (we do not currently match)
- A generous equity package to give you ownership in what we’re building together
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-wide in-person retreats
- $100/month work from home stipend
- $75/month wellness stipend
- $1,000/year learning and development budget
- The New York Times: “It’s Not Just You: Picking a Health Insurance Plan Is Really Hard”
- The New York Times: Chasing Entrepreneurial Opportunity in the Affordable Care Act
- Business Insider: Stride raises $47 million from investors including Mastercard and Allstate to expand its gig worker benefits business
- Mastercard: Mastercard and Stride Team Up to Bring Portable Benefits to Gig and Independent Workers
- Yahoo: Stride Health’s Enrollment Platform powers CMS “Gig Workers’ Week of Action”
- Oscar: Oscar Health, Inc. Announces Partnership with Stride Health to Provide Best-In-Class Enrollment Experience for Members and Brokers
- WTW: Willis Towers Watson and Stride Health to offer comprehensive benefits and guidance for contingent workers
Our CEO’s Perspectives
- Fortune: Health care access will fuel the Great Resignationand that’s a good thing (co-authored by CEO)
Some bonus fun:
- We sponsor Free Solo star Alex Honnold Stride Health: Alex Honnold’s Urban Ascents
- Ranked #6 dog-friendly company Rover Unveils the Best Dog-Friendly Companies of 2021
- 19 New Companies That You Don’t Want to Miss on The Muse
Stride is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.