Position: Digital Media Library Consultant
Location: Home based, US or UK
Reports to: Courtney Lobel, Senior Director of Development and Communications
Start date: Immediately / ongoing
Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
Relief International includes the four corporate members of the RI Alliance: RI-US, RI-UK, MRCA/RI-France and RI-Europe. Under our alliance agreement we operate as a single, shared management structure.
The Digital Media Consultant will work to help RI set up and start running the new digital media library, ResourceSpace.
The consultant will work closely with the Communications administrator to process, upload and tag photos in order to allow a smooth transition from our current image library to the new one.
Specifically, the consultant will manage all of our digital media assets and work on the best way to migrate them into the new platform.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and Communications (Washington, D.C.), the Digital Media Library Consultant will help organise this transition and provide solutions for any issues that may arise.
This new digital media library, once fully functioning, will allow RI to easily access necessary media for donor reports, website and email communications, important documentations and other implementation communications. The position will join a growing team based in Washington, US and London, UK.
Scope of Work/ consultancy deliverables/tasks:
- Sort and process current existing digital media assets and prepare them to be securely migrated and complete the migration
- Become familiar with the functions of ResourceSpace and the best ways to set up and customize the digital media library
- Lead initiatives that may improve the process of managing the digital assets and creating the digital media library
- Work with both ResourceSpace team and the Communications administrator on the most efficient and secure ways to migrate and upload files.
- Feedback to the Development and Communications team on getting familiar with ResourceSpace and best ways to use it
Qualifications & requirements:
- BA in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, International Relations or related field.
- Previous experience of digital communications experience working for a non-profit, media outlet, marketing or ad agency preferably in an international development context.
- Previous experience with data migration, data management, organising and tagging large amounts of data
- Keen interest in and knowledge of international relief and development or related fields; prior experience working at an international organization strongly preferred.
- Experience with ResourceSpace or other digital asset management systems.
- Familiar with: Box, other cloud data storage sites, basic CSV Excel knowledge
- Familiar with metadata and resource tagging
- A self-starter with demonstrated capacity for efficiently working alone.
- Excellent communicator, able to keep the team updated on any progress or setbacks.
- Dedicated and goal oriented, able to maintain patience throughout
- Excellent organizational abilities with strong skill managing large data projects
- Fast, flexible thinker who is able to shift gears on short notice
Relief International’s Values:
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
How to apply
Click the link below to apply: