Digital PR Manager (REMOTE)
- Boulder, CO – Remote OK
- Digital PR
- $60k – $70k
Veterinarians.org is a publishing and media company under the OnePet family of brands that lives by the guiding principle that “pets are family.” Our mission is to provide pet parents with the most up-to-date expert information and resources they need to make better, more informed decisions that support the health and happiness of their companion animals.
About the Position
The Digital PR Team employs strategies such as traditional public relations, content marketing, SEO, influencer outreach, and social media to increase the Veterinarians.org brand’s exposure and online presence. The work the Digital PR Team performs helps establish Veterinarians.org as a leading thought leader in the pet space while simultaneously improving the brand’s authority, recognition, and visibility in search engine results and social media channels.
As the Digital PR Manger, you’ll play a crucial role in our mission to develop world-class content that earns editorial coverage in major media outlets. With content pieces that are regularly featured and syndicated by sites like Time, Forbes, Yahoo, Travel + Leisure, MSN, People, and more, you’ll have the opportunity to reach millions with your stories while furthering your experience in the PR and Digital Marketing space.
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and self-driven, have both a passion for pets and for impactful storytelling, and possess a knack for creativity and a love for SEO and content marketing.
- Working directly with the Head of Digital PR to develop story ideas and concepts for editorial coverage.
- Overseeing the creative process for each campaign from inception to publication, keeping leadership informed of campaign progress.
- Developing and effectively managing a team of researchers, writers, and VAs to maintain publication cadence and goals.
- Extracting creative insights from submitted research and data compilations to create unique news-worthy stories that attract media attention.
- Developing article briefs and outlines to help guide writers in building stories primed for media coverage.
- Collaborating with the Design Team to create high-quality, branded assets for each campaign.
- Performing quality assurance to ensure all design assets and written copy accurately reflect all compiled research and datasets.
- Reviewing content pieces to ensure quality, flow, readability, and correct spelling and grammar.
- Publishing content pieces on the company’s CMS and inputting basic on-page SEO data as needed.
- Collaborating with the Outreach Team to develop soundbites and story angles for media pitches.
- Collaborating with the Social Media Team to develop soundbites for paid advertisements driving traffic to selected content pieces.
- Monitoring analytics for each campaign through Google Analytics and Ahrefs to track performance and opportunities for growth.
- Staying abreast of industry trends and trending news to keep editorial calendar filled with creative ideas that meet publication goals and to capitalize on potential reactive link-building opportunities.
- Monitoring the content campaigns of peers both within and outside of the pet industry to identify opportunities for growth as well as ideas for content pieces.
- Pursuing partnerships with other brands for potential content collaborations.
- Recruiting veterinary writers for placement in media outlets to raise brand awareness.
- Highly creative with a love for storytelling and a natural talent for identifying ‘news worthy’ story concepts
- 2-3+ years experience in SEO and content marketing (link building experience a plus)
- 2-3+ years experience managing writers
- 2-3+ years experience managing multiple creative projects simultaneously, with varying deadlines (agency experience a plus)
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage and meet deadlines
- Strong writing skills (journalism experience a plus)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong skills in American English spelling, grammar, and syntax
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management systems
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is driven to produce top-quality work, and finds fulfillment in achieving goals and maintaining excellence
We take pride in offering a comprehensive variety of programs and resources to support your health and well-being needs. We provide benefits, competitive compensation, and recognition to help sustain your efforts in making an impact that matters.
- 100% Remote Company – work from anywhere in the world
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 15 week paid maternity leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office stipend
- Internet stipend
- Access to employee discount program (travel, cruises, electronics, etc.)
$60,000-$70,000, commensurate with experience.