Digital Registered Nurse
Traditional health care is broken. Galileo is here to fix it. We’re a rapidly growing health startup that combines intuitive design and clinical expertise to deliver affordable, quality care for all.
Founded by Thomas Lee, MD, the physician entrepreneur behind One Medical and Epocrates, Galileo’s innovative, value-based digital and delivery systems revolve around peoplebringing better doctors and treatment to them, whoever they are and wherever they live.
At Galileo, we’re dedicated to flipping the traditional health care model and implementing a modern solution. Our empathetic, mission-driven vision celebrates creative problem-solving, and moves quickly to build great products. Our teamwork hinges on seamless collaboration. We believe in a hybrid, flexible working environment and have team members across the U.S. and Europe.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Galileo is looking for culturally sensitive Registered Nurses to join our digital-first, primary care medical group. In this role, you will provide support to digital clinicians. Our digital clinicians use asynchronous text-based chat and synchronous video to provide high-quality, comprehensive and evidence-based primary care. As a part of our collaborative clinical care team, you will leverage data, technology, and operational rigor to optimize great patient outcomes while offering highly personalized care and shared decision making with patients.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide best-in-class care for Galileo patients by completing an initial intake and obtaining the following: vitals, medication doses and frequency, social history and preventative care history
- Provide compassionate and empathetic care to patients from age 0-100 across all needs assisting with the following: medication refills, facilitating referrals to specialty care when needed, ongoing chronic illness coaching, population management by condition, preventative care, reviewing imaging, labs and faxes
- Work with a diverse patient population. We pride ourselves on fostering a culture that is inclusive of all backgrounds
- Solve patient problems in an efficient, nimble manner by drawing on resourcefulness, collaborating with team members to leverage their expertise, and a can-do approach
HOW WE WORK
Galileo is a 24/7 medical group utilizing asynchronous text-based chat and synchronous video to provide high-quality, comprehensive primary care. The Digital Registered Nurse is a new role to the platform and will be part – time at 20 hours per week.
We look for passionate Registered Nurses who are invested in solving complex problems that impact millions of lives and are excited about fixing what’s broken to improve care quality and health outcomes for everyone.
We believe in a culture that fosters teamwork, excellence, and sound decision-makingone that is based on mutual respect and trust. We appreciate individuals who are open and honest about what they’re looking for so we can ensure it’s a fit on both sides.
We would love to hear from you if you have the following or equivalent experience:
- Have 3+ years of clinical experience in a primary care setting
- Are experienced in or have an appetite for learning digital-first healthcare (e.g. virtual medicine)
- Are interested in new, innovative models of care that balance evidence-based approaches with creative ideas
- Are highly comfortable with using technology and various applications to deliver care to patients virtually. Our current tech stack is:
- Proprietary built clinician-patient platform
- Google Suite (gmail, sheets, docs, etc)
- Have a license in one of the following states: Texas, Florida, New York, California or Virginia
- It’s a bonus if you are professionally fluent in English/Spanish including reading, writing, speaking, and understanding the cultural nuances for native Spanish speakers in a medical setting
HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
- Flexible scheduling – design the schedule that works best for YOU
- 401(k) with company match