TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract: International Consultancy (CST Level I)
Position Title: Digital Transformation Consultant
Unit: Digital Solutions
Duty Station: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Duration: 11 months
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
Digital Transformation consultant will serve as the liaison between the business units and Digital solutions unit, leveraging the requesting units’ requirements and Digital Solutions’ implementation methodology. The assigned will also support in the selection and implementation of digital solutions which achieves the highest quality in terms of technical standards, user experience and adherence to WFP IT standards. He or she will also be responsible for translating business needs to IT solutions, and vice versa, with current programs, projects and initiatives to improve beneficiary, partner and internal experience for Bangladesh Country Office functional units.
Under the general supervision and guidance of the Scale-Up Project Manager, the assigned will maintain a deployment plan; ensure the infrastructure is in place and the selected solution fully implemented and functioning. The incumbent will also plan the roll-out process, including training, change management, stakeholder management, and installation of technical packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (NOT ALL-INCLUSIVE)
Planning and Delivery
- Partner with business owners and product owners to ensure each solution meets a specific need and resolves successfully
- Seek ongoing opportunities to support/increase business value from use of the product.
- Where corporate solutions are not available, review the market to identify if buy or build the best option. Based on decision, initiate internal processes based on Federated IT guidelines.
- Assume responsibility for project tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion
- Consult with peers and management on the newest technology and its implications to programme and operational activities.
Training and Support
- Train end users on delivered tools and dashboards to ensure knowledge handover to relevant business teams.
- Liaise with the product management and service support teams to ensure service support levels are maintained.
- Report progress and issues to all relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluate, test and recommend new opportunities for enhancing digital solutions in the Country Office
- Compile and distribute reports on application development and deployment
- Design and execute A/B testing procedures to extract data from test runs
- Evaluate and draw conclusions from data related to user behaviour
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
- Demonstrated progress on delivery of corporate solutions with tracking of activities as per Country Office’s digital roadmap
- Product artefacts like training guides, and related data tools as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Project Management, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technologies, or other relevant fields
Experience : 3 years or more of relevant progressive work experience in:
- Analysis and re-design of business processes or applications;
- Working with teams and team processes;
- Assistance with change management procedures, activities and processes at HQ/central and/or Field Office;
- Implementation of IT systems or data solutions preferably in the humanitarian sector.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience and/or certifications in project management and/or business analysis would be a significant advantage, including in the area of Agile project management. Agile Certification is desirable.
- IT background or solid knowledge of IT is desirable.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in digital transformation, using user experience to solve problems in unconventional ways
- Good knowledge of WFP or UN’s IT landscape and its related processes/procedures would be an advantage
- Analytical skills and ability to conduct cost-benefit analyses
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethic environments
Language: Excellent written and verbal command of English is required.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Sunday, 17 October 2021 (Midnight Bangladesh time)
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to create an E-recruitment account before submitting an online application, including CV and a letter of interest.
Click the link below to view the assignment detail and start the application process.
Visit https://www.wfp.org/countries/bangladesh to learn more about WFP’s operations in Bangladesh.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, Rest & Recuperation (R&R), and medical insurance.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply