Director, Global Benefits and Wellness
United States of America – Remote
job requisition id JR0021293
Yahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
A Little About Us:
As a valuable member of the Total Rewards Team, the Director, Global Benefits and Wellness is primarily responsible for strategy, design, communications, administration and compliance of Yahoo’s global benefit and wellness programs, policies and processes. The ideal candidate will ensure the benefit and wellness programs at Yahoo enhance our ability to attract and retain top talent by providing functional expertise to deliver HR initiatives that support and foster teammate engagement.
Reporting to the SVP, Total Rewards, this individual must be a champion for workplace excellence and putting people first, and a proven successful leader of a team.
- Provide strategic vision and operational excellence in oversight of global benefits (17 countries across LATAM, EMEA and APAC)
- Review and administer global benefits programs, recommend modifications including improvement initiatives and plans which support Yahoo’s strategy; set-up benefit programs in new countries.
- Manage U.S. benefits activities, including benefit health, wellness, welfare, defined contribution plans, including vendors, program financials and policies for teammates. Drives effective communication of benefit strategies and programs.
- Manage the annual Benefits Open Enrollment processes and renewals.
- Ensure compliance with all benefit programs in accordance with location specific regulatory and legislative requirements; specifically in the U.S. with provisions of ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ACA and other local regulatory and legislative requirements; coordinates preparation of filings – specifically in the U.S. with federal and state agencies, including IRS and DOL and other regulatory agencies.
- Establish and monitor budgets. Prepares financial reports to provide to leaders with understanding of benefit costs and trends to support efficient and effective delivery of benefit programs.
- Monitor administrative costs and pricing of benefit programs and recommends cost containment strategies, including alternate methods of administration.
- Prepare business cases for benefit reviews, renewals and proactively identifies industry and regional trends.
- Serve as primary contact for broker and plan vendors.
- Manage strong cross-functional relationships with payroll, finance, legal, compliance, facilities, communications, IT and other HR colleagues including the regional HR teams.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Be a champion for innovation in the benefit and wellness space. Know what best in class companies are doing and look to integrate best practices into the Yahoo processes.
A Lot About You:
- Experience in design and implementation of benefits and wellness programs across multiple geographies
- Technical knowledge of benefits design (medical, dental, vision, 401(k), deferred compensation, etc.
- Proven, influential leadership skills
- Smart, creative, compelling, driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s). Creates a sense of urgency and is energized by speed.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders; consultative and collaborative style that allows for influence without authority
- Ability to operate in a face-paced environment with competing priorities
- Flexible and comfortable to roll-up your sleeves, used to being hands-on
- Extraordinary communication skills – both oral and written
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, human resources or related field preferred; MBA a plus
- Ten (10) to twelve (12) years of experience in benefits with a focus on innovative, fast growing workforce; preferably gained while working for a global, matrixed organization
- Strong understanding of interdependencies in program and systems design, legal and tax and financial implications of benefits and wellness, globally
- Benefits leadership experience in a large, global company
- Strong coaching and staff development skills
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The compensation for this position ranges from $133,875.00 – $263,125.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.