Title: Director – IT Sales Systems
Location: Modesto, CA, US
With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
This position will be supporting our IT Sales Systems so the role will require some travel. This role can be US remote.
As the IT Sales Systems Director you will lead and deliver results, work collaboratively across winery Sales and IT to successfully drive value through technology and process improvements. You will own and lead the development of the Sales Technology strategy and roadmap, acting as a strategic technology advisor for business stakeholders to support current and future Sales technology and data capabilities. You will be responsible for shaping business strategies and demand for products, projects and services while ensuring business value is identified, measured and communicated. Responsible for overseeing both strategic and operational initiatives for Sales Technology planning, design, adoption and sustainment.
What You Will Do:
- Partners with senior leadership to create multi-year roadmaps and strategy and prioritization model.
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of functional partner needs and strategic priorities and establishes credibility and collaborative partnerships across functional areas.
- Transforms the business by evaluating issues with a broad, multi-function, multi-year perspective. Continually seeks ways to improve the technology utilization to expand the business.
- Owns and maintains business capability maturity maps and assessments for long term technology planning and investment for multiple strategic functional pillars.
- Applies expert knowledge of industry trends, developments, and capabilities to address and improve business capabilities.
- Steers the development of optimal business process based on business objectives, industry best practice, and technical capability maturity for multiple strategic functional pillars.
- Monitors technology investment, risk, and opportunity and provides clear and consistent communication to senior leadership.
- Leads and oversees the development of pre/post ROI analysis to help justify and maximize business and IT investments.
- Develops and owns operating budget and capital spending plan and ensures compliance including long-range planning of systems and projects for multiple strategic functional pillars.
- Understands and influences multi-year business roadmaps and translates into business case driven strategic IT roadmaps and executable portfolios of activities.
- Defines functional business needs and priorities to inform the strategy for delivering systems capabilities within the business-partner organization and process.
- Ensures that solutions and services deliver at or above expected business value.
- Influences, co-develops, and co-owns the efficiency and execution goals for business processes in collaboration with business partners for multiple strategic functional pillars.
- Partners with internal IT functions to mature the business process models using industry standards to identify changes: political, economic, social, technological, legal, and environmental.
- Translates business needs into effective and improved processes and/or technical solutions or services coordinating with associated technology partners both internally and externally.
- Drives the systems aspects of business strategy development, bringing business opportunities through technology and business knowledge.
- Participates in industry peer groups to understand industry trends.
- Expands adoption of existing technology, where appropriate, to leverage enterprise solutions that meet or exceed business-partner demands.
- Manages business-partner compliments and complaints to enable continuous improvement.
- Proactively advise on technology options and innovation for the business area function.
- Provides leadership and direction for technology solutions and implementations.
- Drives powerful communications conveying intention for mutual understanding of risk and reward.
- Develops departmental goals and sets and manages performance expectations across department.
- Partners with HR to set talent acquisition and organizational development strategy.
- Directs the activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Develops and ensures employee conformance to established best practices and proper training of staff in order to ensure achievement of performance goals and objectives.
- Owns and aligns Global Business Process Ownership (GBPO) vision across various corporate functions.
- Supports the ongoing execution of key initiatives including system modernization and application improvements.
- Establishes IT as a trusted business partner with Senior business leaders.
- Keeps abreast of technological trends, changes and innovations in the information business applications/systems field and provides technical support and direction.
- Implements a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills and business case development.
- Establishes and communicates departmental performance objectives and metrics, and ensures alignment with business plan.
- Establishes, directs, and oversees changes to systems, policies and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Develops, coaches and mentors peers, indirect and subordinate staff.
- If accountable for the work of others, conducts performance evaluations; reviews and communicates salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of Sales, Information Technology, Process Engineering, or Business Analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include management or leadership experience; OR High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 14 years of Sales, Information Technology, Process Engineering, or Business Analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include management or leadership experience.
- Experience communicating with all levels to maintain relationships and cooperation in pursuing the winery’s goals.
- Experience influencing, negotiating and resolving conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Information Systems plus 12 years of corporate sales or corporate information systems experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include 5 years of management or leadership experience.
- MBA/Master’s degree.
- Experience in a large global enterprise with demonstrated success operating effectively in a matrixed organization structure.
- Experience in Beverage Alcohol, CPG, Food & Beverage, or other consumer driven brands, ideally with at least 5 years of experience in the Beverage Alcohol industry.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated competence in visioning the future and shaping the technology agenda aligned with the business.
- A digital and innovative mindset, knowledge base, and experience that goes beyond simple awareness.
- Track record of hiring and developing world-class talent, and constructing teams to deliver operational excellence; strong coaching aptitude and bias towards team empowerment.
- Ability to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships and deliver results with key stakeholders across the business.
- Strong project management skills and experience enabling process improvements and solutions in a complex environment to define and implement technology roadmaps.
- Experience driving transformational change with discipline and process orientation in large complex organizations.
- Experience with Agile Development technologies and ways of working.
- Ability to explain complex technical processes to business stakeholders.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement, project gating, resource allocation, quality and financial principles and applies them to analyze the planned activities.
- Skilled in problem solving.
- Experience leading and directing a change process.
- Experience being pro-active, analytical and process driven with a strong focus on understanding and exceeding the expectations of the customer.
- Skilled in dealing with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- Hiring Salary Range: $170,175 – $283,625 (20% RFR Bonus Target).
- Actual compensation amount paid may be lower or higher to be determined by factors other than race and gender such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
- This position includes a competitive benefits package.
- Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 95986
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.