Title: Director of Customer Support
Why Clipboard Health Exists:
We exist to lift as many people up the socioeconomic ladder as possible. We dramatically improve lives, by letting healthcare professionals turn extra time and ambition into career growth and financial opportunity. We achieve this with our app-based marketplace that connects healthcare facilities and healthcare professionals, allowing healthcare professionals to book on-demand shifts and healthcare facilities to access on-demand talent. Our mission is to enable healthcare professionals to work when and where they want, and to enable healthcare facilities to meet their talent needs.
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the Role:
Clipboard Health is looking for a data-driven and creative Director of Customer Support to help our customers find even more value and play a critical role in the achievement of our retention and expansion goals. This individual will create and implement processes to drive improvements in support agent productivity and quality, ensure team compliance with company policies, and be obsessed with improving customer satisfaction.
- Manage a team of managers responsible for customer interactions, ensuring that our teams are meeting key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity.
- Working closely with other departmental leaders, develop programs and processes for improving agent productivity, first response times, and resolution times.
- Analyze contact center metrics around agent performance and trends to identify improvement areas for the team.
- Track call and ticket drivers and help create ways to reduce those drivers through product enhancements, self-help tools, and proactive communication.
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies to drive a better customer support experience.
Beyond the basics, what will make you successful:
- Extreme Ownership: the buck stops with you, no matter what anyone else did or did not do. You’re self-reliant, and can get things done in the chaos that is an early-stage startup scaling quickly.
- Extreme Curiosity: you ask “why” 3-5 times in a row for the same problem and are excited to tap into your inner archaeologist — digging and digging and not being satisfied until you truly understand the root cause.
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations; analyze various communication channels and develop metrics to track success.
- Execution leader: Execute on the fundamentals, and act creatively to improve the customer experience.
- Comfortable with Experimenting: Use data-driven decision-making and sound business judgment to run tests and improve our customer experience.
- Action oriented: You can translate high-level goals into applicable plans.
- Ability to multitask, manage cases, and carry out meaningful projects with limited oversight.
- 5+ years of direct management experience (you were a manager of managers), hiring, developing, and retaining top talent.
- 7+ years of customer support / success experience.
- Someone passionate and knowledgeable about customer experience and support, with a global mindset and empathy for our nurses and facilities.
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a fast-moving and complex environment.
- Experience with help desk technologies (ie Zendesk).
- Bonus points if you have had experience with or an understanding of a labor marketplace business.
- Do great work that matters, in healthcare, for customers who could use your help.
- Zero commute. Work from wherever you are, globally (but on or around US Pacific Time hours).
- The sky’s the limit – build amazing things and move at the speed of your thinking.