Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing Finance team and build out an FP&A team as our business continues to rapidly scale. The Director of FP&A is a hands-on position that will work cross-functionally to synthesize data inputs, perspectives, and business objectives to model financial outcomes, risks, and opportunities. This role will be integral to building a best-in-class function with the operational framework to support future growth.
- Lead the annual budgeting, quarterly forecasting, and long-term financial planning processes
- Build and maintain flexible financial models including development and ongoing maintenance
- Prepare financial reporting packages including budget/forecast to actual analyses, management presentations, and SaaS metrics
- Provide insight on revenue, expenses, and headcount resources to budget owners
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve, automate, and scale forecasting and reporting tools, processes, and methodologies
- Work with budget owners to incorporate investment needs responsibly and strategically support decision making with “what if” and “scenario” analyses
- Report on trends and analysis, highlighting areas of opportunity for margin improvement, business growth, and increased profitability
- Identify and track key performance metrics pertaining to business operations, benchmarking, etc.
- Understand the drivers of each business unit/product line and support leaders with modeling efforts and analyses
- Partner with Accounting, Human Resources, and Revenue Operations teams to ensure seamless and cohesive reporting and analysis
- Perform due diligence on financial planning tool upgrade and/or replacement
- Support Controller and CFO projects and analyses as required
What You’ll Bring
Seeq prefers to emphasize talent, capacity to contribute, and passion, but the ideal candidate is likely to have many of the following characteristics:
- 5+ years experience as a Manager or Director of FP&A, with high growth, software/tech companies
- Candidates who possess prior management experience of less than 5 years, combined with previous experience as a Senior Financial Analyst will be considered
- BSBA degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or Statistics
- Prior experience using best-in-class EPMs (Adaptive, Anaplan, etc.)
- Experience using SaaS ERP tools including (Intacct, Netsuite, etc.), and CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Advanced to expert knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Power BI and/or Tableau software preferred
- SaaS and/or recurring revenue model experience
- Thorough understanding of software industry metrics (bookings, pipeline, ARR, gross and net retention rates, churn, expansions, CAC, LTV, etc.)
- Proven skills in developing and validating financial models
- Hands-on, proactive problem-solving expertise
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Consistently meets or beats deadlines
- Accustomed to quick pivots based on business needs and priorities
- Prior experience working in a remote environment is highly desirable
- We cannot accommodate any applicants that require visa sponsorship. You must already have permanent work authorization for the country in which you reside.
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Expert Excel Modeling Skills
- Adaptive planning or other budgeting system implementation experience
- Appreciation for iterative processes, open to incorporating feedback and changes
- An appetite for synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data
- Someone that truly understands results, including the underlying data, and can tell the “story” to non-financial stakeholders
We are organized as a virtual company with a headquarters in Seattle, WA. We use state-of-the-art online collaboration tools for development and corporate functions. Employees can be based virtually anywhere as long as they have access to a good office environment and high-bandwidth connectivity.
The best applicants are ones who include cover letters explaining how their backgrounds, experiences, and interests match Seeq’s position description. Please let us know how you will contribute to our mission and our future success.
Seeq is a remote-first (only) company founded by serial entrepreneurs. Our executive team and board of directors have extensive experience with successful startup ventures in high-growth environments.
We are founded on the idea that companies need better solutions for quickly and easily getting business insight from their industrial process data. Our mission is to provide software and services that convert that data into meaningful information that the business can use to improve profitability.
We use the best modern big data technologies to bring industrial process data into the business decision process.
Our company is virtual, meaning that everyone works from a location of their choosing. There’s no commute and no cubicle! We are serious about recruiting and retaining the best teammates. We think there are tons of benefits to working on exciting technology with a cohesive team and the flexibility to work from anywhere.
We have a wonderful, kind-hearted, talented team that loves to collaborate, lead by example, and love to exceed our customers’ expectations. We are certified as a Great Place to Work, Emerging Startup, Technology Fast 500, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work.
The Perks of Working at Seeq
- Competitive salary plus equity incentives
- Medical benefits, plus optional Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account programs to cover additional medical expenses.
- Many communities around the US are incentivizing remote workers. Seeq’s work from anywhere (WFA) policy may enable you to take advantage of these programs.
- Important benefits like this (because we want you to be happy):
- Freedom PTO
- 5-weeks paid Seeq family leave
- Internet and mobile phone reimbursement
- Group term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance pre-tax benefit
- Voluntary vision and dental (ortho)
- 401K company match program
- Vacation bonus program
- Fringe Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous home office allowance
- The best co-workers (we’ve analyzed the data, so we know it’s true)
- Pet-friendly workspace (your dog will be so happy to have you home)
- Loving your job!
Seeq provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
You must be authorized to work in the country in which you reside. Seeq does not sponsor US F1 or H-1B work Visas.
Location: US Locations OnlyAPPLY FOR JOB