Director of Global Benefits
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Full ownership of the strategy of the global benefits offering for employees and customers
- Lead new product launches and industry partnerships
- Advise on the best ways to select and align vendors to our needs
- Improve on internal content and documentation
- Manage a globally distributed team and coach them through constant improvement
- Make changes to impact the speed, and top and bottom line performance of the team
- Educating the team on how benefits work in each country, and why
What you bring
- Expert knowledge on managing global benefits, ideally within a startup
- Experience in building teams and leading a department
- Experience handling quickly scaling benefits schemes
- Comfortable with changes that often occur in the initial years of a startup
- Product-oriented mindset: how automation, integration, documentation and scaling can directly impact workload
- Data-driven, enjoy making well-researched and well-informed decisions
- You’ll report to: VP of Payroll and Benefits
- Team: Payroll and Benefits
- Location: Anywhere in the world
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.