Director of Human Resources (HR)
REMOTE – BOSTON, MA
About The Role
Aimtal is a fast-growing, fully remote marketing agency. As we continue to scale our business, we’re looking for an experienced Director of Human Resources (HR) who will build and execute an HR strategy that elevates and improves our people operations, initiatives, and processes.
As the first Director of HR at Aimtal, you will commit to and support our goal of creating and providing an empowering employee experience for a remote-first team. You will be responsible for leading the Human Resources department and its strategic focuses, initiatives, and programs such as company culture, recruiting, employee onboarding/offboarding, benefits, employee engagement & retention, career development, performance management, and compliance. In addition, you will be an advisor and strategic partner to Aimtal’s executive and management teams.
The ideal candidate has experience working with fully remote teams and is motivated to work in a startup environment.
- Build and implement a company-wide HR strategy as well as the processes and policies to support its execution
- Serve as the primary point of contact at the company for all questions, ideas, and issues related to the employee experience, benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee and manage recruiting, hiring, and onboarding processes and experiences
- Collaborate and advise the Executive team to understand and develop the agency’s goals and strategies related to people operations
- Collaborate with Executive, Delivery & Sales teams to identify and plan recruiting strategies for current and anticipated staffing needs
- Establish and maintain employee records, department records, and reports; recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to continually improve the efficiency of department functions and the delivery of client services
- Oversee, manage, and improve employee recruiting, hiring, and onboarding experience and processes
- Develop compensation, promotion, and succession strategies to hire and retain top talent
- Manage and maintain all employee benefit plans, including open enrollment
- Manage benefits renewal processes and manage external vendor relationships with benefits providers
- Create, manage, maintain, and enforce company policies including the Employee Handbook
- Manage and maintain Aimtal’s performance management system as well as develop and improve performance management and learning & development processes
- Support and guide managers and employees with any performance or conflict-related issues as well as conduct and document appropriate investigations on employee-related issues when needed
- Lead and manage employee engagement programs such as Aimtal’s annual company retreat
- Monitor and ensure Aimtal’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Perform other HR duties as required
Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in human resources
- Experience working within a fully remote company
- SHRM certification (preferred)
- GPHR certification (preferred)
- Strong knowledge of employment, labor, and compliance laws
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Experience in proactively taking the initiative to resolve issues and create long-term solutions
- Ability to gracefully adapt to new priorities and company initiatives
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, and leadership skills
- Open to receiving feedback and applying it for performance and process improvements
- Effectively self-manage tasks and deadlines
- Demonstrate the following qualities and skills:
- Leadership and an ability to inspire others
- A collaborative spirit and empathetic approach to communication
- Intellectual curiosity and analytical strength
- Creativity to generate new solutions to existing challenges and mitigate future ones
- Growth in both professional and personal endeavors
- A love for learning new skills and trying new things
Aimtal is a global integrated marketing agency of marketers, strategists, creatives, and analysts who are on a mission to help brands grow.
Aimtal was co-founded by Janet Mesh, Chief Executive Officer, and David Tapia, Chief Operating Officer, in 2018 and has been a fully remote company since day one. We’re building a marketing agency of the future—one that always prioritizes its people. Having both a career you love and a life you love shouldn’t be a pipe dream. Our remote-first approach to how we operate Aimtal makes that a reality. Our goal is to help team members grow professionally so they can become experts in their careers as well as work from their favorite places around the globe.
In recognition of our achievements since inception, Aimtal won the Sprout Social Partner Value Award in the “Always Be Growing” category. The award recognizes agencies that are committed to growing and scaling their business.
Aimtal’s core values guide our ways of collaborating and communicating with our clients and team so we can approach every day with empathy and excellence. Our core values are as follows: communicate clearly, find a solution, understand the customer, keep an open mind, take the initiative, and be exceptional. Overall, our team works together to go above and beyond to support each other and our clients.
Aimtal’s benefits include:
- Full-time, salaried role with competitive pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off and holidays
- Skill and career growth training
- Remote work stipend for tech and/or coworking memberships
- Annual in-person company retreat (past locations include San Diego and Mexico)
- Aimtal is a fully remote agency based in the United States, but our team is located around the world, including North America, South America, and Europe. We encourage team members to live and work wherever they please and prioritize asynchronous communication & collaboration.