Director of Product, Catalog
We’re transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best workwhether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shopwhile staying connected and building community through regular in-person events.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By taking care of the shopping, we give people back their time. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves!
About the Team
The Instacart Product Team is making grocery shopping easy for everyone. We handle shopping so people can spend time on what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that help people eat and live better. We want to continue to encourage our customers to find new insights for how to live and eat better.
In this role, you will lead the Product team for Catalog. The Instacart Catalog is at the core of all we do. It is absolutely crucial to ensure our marketplace and our retailers’ storefronts provide the most complete and accurate product data to help consumers shop, lead IC shoppers to find the right products, and aid CPG brands to place the right ads at the right time.
About the Job
You will report to the VP of Product for the Enterprise E-commerce team and collaborate with company leadership to lay out a long-term product and technical strategy and lead your team to help implement this strategy. You will deliver on the below:
- Work with the company’s executive leadership to define, launch, and drive the product strategy and roadmap for the Instacart Catalog
- Identify ways to make it easier for retailers to import their data into our catalog, improve the data, help consumers find what they need when and where they need it, and enable brands to connect with consumers in relevant ways.
- Partner with your cross-functional team to strategize and launch new Catalog products and monitor user adoption.
- We will have succeeded when our catalog is the most absolute and accurate grocery+ catalog in the market.
Strong candidates will have prior experience leading large scale platform products, working cross functionally, and driving strategic business and technical direction.
- 8-10+ years of relevant product management at late/growth stage startup or established technology company.
- 3+ years of progressive leadership experience, leading and developing a team of Product Managers.
- Ability to influence the executive team on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
- Experience with marketplaces or e-commerce and/or experience with Product Information Management (PIM) or Master Data Management (MDM) or related.
- Experience leading teams driving product prioritization and frameworks for resource tradeoffs.
- Experience with executive-level and client-facing communication.
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research.
- Demonstrated ability to solve sophisticated problems by crafting customer and shopper-first solutions