Director of Transformational Projects
REMOTE – UNITED STATES
STRATEGY & INNOVATION – SPECIAL PROJECTS
Role: Director of Transformational Projects
Reports to: Chief Strategy and Performance Officer
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
The Director of Transformational Projects will be a results-driven leader who acts as a business partner, leading a team of transformational project managers who oversee key strategic projects of organizational significance in pursuit of The Trevor Project’s mission to end LGBTQ youth suicide. Reporting into the Chief Strategy and Performance Officer, this role will deeply understand the organization’s strategic plan, our progress towards it and will partner with the leadership team to strategically deploy project and change management resources to achieve our strategic plan. The Director of Transformational Projects will manage the overall project pipeline and will coach and lead a structured and goal-oriented team of 11 project and change management professionals, ensuring they are thoughtfully managing the process and outcomes of each project and collaborating closely with key stakeholders.
Who you are
- Project Leader. You know how to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities and you coach others to do so as well.
- Goal/Outcomes-focused. You can translate big-picture vision and strategy into actionable goals, milestones, and deliverables with clear owners and timelines.
- Flexible/Adapts to Change. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working through competing priorities. You have experience navigating environments that require quick pivots to manage shifting goals and priorities and you champion this change.
- Driven by Data. You are an analytical and metrics-driven leader. You can lead others in using data to drive their work.
- Collaborative. You know the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork. Your emotional intelligence and authenticity have helped you build effective and positive relationships with others.
- People Leader. You clearly communicate goals and delegate responsibilities to your team. You create open channels of communication and feedback, while ensuring team members are accountable to achieving outcomes.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do
- Strategically create and manage the Transformational Projects team’s project pipeline and team utilization to ensure that the organization is strategically deploying Transformational project resources to deliver on key organizational goals
- Coach and lead a team of 11 project and change management professionals
- Leverage strong project and change management experience to continually increase the learning and capacity on the team
- Monitor progress of team’s projects and clearly communicate progress, risks and interdependencies to senior leadership and relevant stakeholders
- Manage the team to outcomes to ensure that all projects are successfully completed on time
- Serve as a champion for change in the organization and regularly advise on how to navigate change, particularly as it relates to Trevor’s strategic priorities
- Ensure projects are scoped with clear success criteria, timelines, and resources and that best practices are brought to every project
- Serve as a connector across Trevor, playing a vital role in enabling our growing organization to operate as one team
- Other tasks, duties, or projects as assigned
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for various gender affirmation surgeries (and we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life)
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet reimbursement and a reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
- The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer
We’re excited to hear from you! To join Team Trevor, please upload a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Use this as an opportunity to convey why you want to be the next Director of Transformational Projects at The Trevor Project!