WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION VACANCY NOTICE NO. SOM01/22
TITLE : Driver
Contract Type/Grade : LICA/G2
OFFICIAL STATION (COUNTRY) : Three positions (Mogadishu/Garowe & Hargeisa)
ORGANIZATIONAL : Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean (EMRO) Office of the WHO Representative,
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME:
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
Purpose of the position:
To provide transportation to WHO staff and visitors, as well as delivery/collection services of documents and goods, related to the official work of the WHO’s office**
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Drive office vehicles for transport of authorized personnel to different destinations, including field visits. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport, assist with basic visa and customs formalities and other arrangements, as required; ensure compliance with WHO rules and regulations including security and safety requirements.
- Deliver/collect and facilitate the customs clearance of official incoming and outgoing pouches, hand-delivery of mail, parcels and other heavy items to or from UN Agencies, Ministries, Embassies, Universities, airport, etc.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel, oil, battery, breaks, tyres, etc. Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, ensure the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc., maintain all the required documents/supplies up to date; including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
- Procure minor supplies for the Office, obtaining invoices for local purchase and arrange to pay office telephone and other bills, as required.
- Act as a messenger within the office, if needed and perform other related duties.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS:
Completion of secondary education or equivalent. Must possess a valid professional driving license for light and heavy duty vehicles.
Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different types of vehicles.
• Good knowledge of the topography of the country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations
• Proven ability to deal with clients with tact and respect for diversity.
At least two years of professional experience in driving cars.
Excellent knowledge of the local language. Working knowledge of English is an asset
Work may involve some discomfort due to long driving hours, lifting of bags and/or parcels and being subject to weather and traffic risks.
1) Communication in an effective and credible way
2) Knowing and managing yourself
3) Fostering integration and teamwork
How to apply
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 14 February 2022
How to apply
APPLICATIONS SHOULD SENT VIA (email@example.com )
Email Subject: SOM01/22- Driver- “Duty Station”