Location: Raleigh, NC/ Charlotte, NC
Three Ships is seeking an Editor with excellent editorial, reading, writing, and organizational skills to be part of our growing team.
About the Role:
You’ll be responsible for delivering publication-ready content that is on-time, fully optimized for SEO, and meets our marketing goals. You also enjoy writing; you may help create content, concepts, and articles. In this role, you will have the opportunity to not only manage production of cutting-edge content, but you will also learn to report on the performance of your articles to determine the impact of your work. You maintain a high bar of excellence for each piece of content that gets your stamp of approval, and you will become an expert in digital and SEO content, staying on the cutting edge of best practices.
Your Day-to Day:
- Ensure we have a strong understanding of what it takes to win organic search on our targeted keywords (keyword research, who are our competitors, what is Google rewarding, what do readers need to know, etc.).
- Oversee content production through translating this knowledge into assignment briefs for freelancers and tightly managing content creation so it is on-time and on-budget.
- Edit and proof articles for editorial excellence, search engine optimization, and conversion rate optimization. Each piece must be optimized, targeted to meet our marketing goals, and delivered on time.
- Deliver actionable feedback and coach writers on creating best-in-class content.
- Guide in-house content producers on industry research within the Home vertical, elevating our existing research and testing processes.
- Recruit and manage expert freelance writers who will create high E-A-T (Expertise- Authoritativeness-Trustworthiness) content.
- Upload and publish articles with a strong eye for CRO to maximize on-page conversions.
- Create winning content that can be used to demonstrate our bar for excellence.
- Demonstrate a meticulous approach to your work, with a highly organized process and unfailing eye for detail.
- Bachelor’s degree (Journalism, Communications, English, or another writing-intensive field preferred).
- 3+ years of experienced editing or producing content for the web. Experience in legal information and SEO-driven content preferred.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills: You maintain a methodical process and high standard of excellence in your work while balancing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to manage project plans.
- Strong understanding of HTML and content/ on-page SEO.
- Ownership mentality: You treat each content piece like it is your own and stand behind every word.
- An empathetic manager of writers. You know what it takes to produce optimized content at a fast pace and enjoy helping a team achieve that goal.
- Agility: You are comfortable in an often-changing environment.
- An inherent drive to be excellent: You are not satisfied with average. You do whatever it takes to get the job done at a world-class level.
This position is based in Charlotte, NC. Open to strong candidates outside of Charlotte on a case by case basis
Launched in 2022, 3S Education is our newest vertical that helps consumers find the best program for their education needs with in-depth reviews and informative content.
Three Ships started as a digital agency in 2009, and today encompasses businesses in the Sleep, Home, Auto, Legal, and Health industries with 65+ owned and operated websites that help brands connect to consumers to buy with confidence. The Three Ships team brings deep expertise from top customer acquisition, digital media, and digital marketing firms, all of which maintain our market leadership position in each vertical. We bring a digital edge through deep domain expertise, proprietary assets, thought leadership, and a unique operating system focused on value creation.
Headquartered in Raleigh, NC, Three Ships also has hubs in Charlotte and the United Kingdom, as well as, and remote employees all over the United States.
Why You Should Join Us:
- Results: At Three Ships we have eleven consecutive years of profitability and a track record of successful growth in the digital marketing space.
- Stability: We are privately owned, have a holding period of forever, have no debt, and have significant cash to invest we’re rock-solid financially.
- Exposure: You will have a front-row seat in growing a business. Your teammates have built and sold companies, managed 100s of employees, and run campaigns with Fortune 500 brands.
- Market Landscape: The digital home services marketing landscape is transforming. There’s no better time than now to be building a business in this space.
- Career Growth: There is no cap on growth, promotions or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Prove your value and you will be rewarded accordingly.
- Learning: We are a small and mighty team but also have the advantage of tapping into the Three Ships ecosystem and working with subject matter experts in paid media, creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, and more. The opportunity to grow new skills and learn from smart people is endless.
- Fun: The team has a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun.
As a full-time employee of Three Ships, you’ll have access to competitive benefits, including flexible time off, health/dental/vision, 401k match, a monthly wellness stipend of $125 for house cleaning, gym membership, grocery delivery or massages, and up to $75 mobile reimbursement. If you join us in person in our Raleigh or Charlotte locations, we have an office stocked with snacks, coffee, and just about every other beverage you can imagine.
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.