Editor, Commerce Updates
Recurrent Ventures – Contributors
Visited by millions each month, BobVila.com publishes and updates a wide range of guides aimed at helping consumers make confident, well-informed purchasing decisions for their homes. Readers trust the brand for answers from where to start on a project (i.e. the right tools for a job) to what gadgets offer the best bang for their buck. Therefore, we rely on our editors to help us create accessible, solidly researched shopping advice for anything and everything related to the home: appliances, tech, tools and DIY supplies, lawn equipment, and much more.
Bob Vila is currently seeking a contract editor to join the Product Reviews team and will ensure the team’s content is always up-to-date and best optimized for SEO and affiliate. This role reports to the Senior Editor of Commerce Updates.
The stories themselves range between 700 and 3,000 words, depending on the format. Rates range from $30 to $40 per hour, commensurate with your experience.
Please apply with a cover letter introducing yourself and why you’d be a good fit on the Bob Vila team and three links to relevant commerce bylines.
Our team’s mission is to directly improve the accuracy and freshness of our product guides. Each assignment will involve;
- Assessing what might turn a story into a more complete resource for readers
- Executing through line editing, fact-checking, additional product research, sharp copywriting, plus optimization as needed.
- Learning the BobVila.com style guide and ensuring that all content is complete, accurate, and grammatically correct as well as optimized according to SEO and affiliate best practices.
- Packaging the need-to-know info in a well-researched, easy-to-digest story.
- 3+ years of experience in digital media
- 2+ years of experience in commerce-related editorial
- Sharp research, writing, and editing skills
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- An eye for what separates a reliable product from the competition
- Detail-oriented editor
- Has an interest in home and garden
- Experienced in lifestyle and shelter publications
- Able to take on multiple assignments per week
- Has an eye for what separates a reliable product from the competition
Who We Are:
Recurrent Ventures is an innovative digital media company that empowers brands to grow and connects consumers with media in a way that is enjoyable, sustainable, inspiring, and profitable–while maintaining editorial integrity.
Its best-in-class brands like Popular Science, Domino, Futurism, Outdoor Life, The Drive, Donut Media, Field & Stream, SAVEUR, MEL, and Task & Purpose, engage a combined audience of more than 60 million monthly unique visitors.
Initially founded in 2018 with the acquisition of The Drive, the portfolio rapidly expanded under the ownership and backing of North Equity LLC to include more than 22 digital media brands across automotive, home, outdoors, science, lifestyle, specialty, and military verticals. Recurrent is headquartered in Miami, with offices in New York and San Francisco, and a virtual-first workforce across the United States.
Recurrent brands build long-term brand equity through socially responsible storytelling and nimble business models. Our focus is to bring recurrent value to readers, business partners, and the planet.
Hiring & Equal Opportunity Statement
Recurrent Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type. We recognize diverse teams make the strongest teams; we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
At Recurrent Ventures, we don’t just accept diversity-we celebrate it, learn from it, and we thrive on it. We are committed to building a team that represents a range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills but most importantly, a team that represents our audience. We understand there is more for us to do than just getting you in the door. Our obsession with sustainability isn’t just about the environment, it’s about YOU and your career, too!