Editorial Graphic Designer (Contract)
NEW YORK, NY
PARTTIME / FREELANCE
Morning Brew is looking for a parttime contract graphic designer to support our art team by creating engaging and narrative visual designs. You’ll be working closely with other designers, writers, editors, and project managers to bring Morning Brew’s editorial brands to life through personalityrich visual experiences. You should think userfirst, have a bold design perspective, and always look for the best approach to tell a story.
This is an ongoing contract role, starting at 2 days per week. This job can either be based out of our New York City office, or done remotely anywhere within the U.S.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
- Ideating, concepting, and executing beautiful and interesting editorial visuals that live across email, web, and social, including some simple motion graphics
- Experimenting with many types of visuals from graphic design to photo collage and photo editing, as well as data visualization and infographics
- Telling compelling visual stories to a range of audiences that communicate the desired message
- Producing thorough work that follows Morning Brew’s design guidelines
What makes you qualified?
- 3+ years of editorial illustration experience, either inhouse or freelance
- Portfolio demonstrating a range of visual problemsolving as well as a clear sense of your personal design voice
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fastpaced environment
- Working knowledge of industry tools: Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Procreate, Lightroom, After Effects, and InDesign
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to convey complex visual ideas
- Strong conceptual drawing/sketching abilities
- You’re someone who welcomes feedback and constructive criticism, and are a champion for quality work