Title: Editorial Manager, The Hustle YouTube Channel
Location: Remote – USA
HubSpot is looking for an experienced, senior-level editorial manager to direct its new Hustle YouTube channel, a video spinoff of the company’s popular daily business and tech newsletter.
This individual will help develop the editorial strategy for the channel, select and help create content, manage scriptwriters and talent, and work with our growing team of producers, editors, growth managers, and others charged with adapting our signature Hustle stories into entertaining and informative videos. Our move into video is a leading priority for our business, and this person will play a key role in shaping our early work in this area.
This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about business and startups and has a demonstrated history of creating successful video content. We’re looking for someone with a deep knowledge of YouTube and what works on that platform, including the types of stories that move audiences and how to make those pieces go viral.
The ideal candidate is as comfortable selecting and shaping stories as managing projects in a start-up environment. They will oversee the work of one in-house scriptwriter/on-air personality and a team of freelance scriptwriters while collaborating with our internal growth experts to increase traffic for the channel.
This job reports to the Director of Content on HubSpot’s fast-growing media team, which includes The Hustle Daily newsletter (2 million+ subscribers), our paid-subscription trend-spotting newsletter and entrepreneurs’ community, a podcast network with two shows ranked among the country’s top business podcasts, and a set of business blogs that attract 15 million+ monthly visitors.
Our media team is made up of some of the country’s top journalists, including an Online News Award-winning writer, the author of two bestselling books, and writers who have optioned numerous stories for film and TV. You don’t need a background in journalism to succeed in this role, but you must have an understanding of business and tech and a passion for creating engaging videos in that space.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Play a leading role on The Hustle YouTube Channel, overseeing editorial content and managing our growing team of writers
- Work with colleagues across our YouTube team, including growth and monetization specialists, producers, editors, animators, and others to bring Hustle stories to life in video form and expand our YouTube presence
- Be a key member of our editorial team, working alongside managers who lead The Hustle Daily and Sunday emails, Trends.co and our entrepreneurs’ community, the HubSpot Podcast Network, and our various blogs
- Work with fellow Hustle YouTube managers to develop short and long-term goals and projections for the Hustle YouTube Channel, evolving as we obtain more data
- Experiment with different forms of storytelling, testing what works and doesn’t work and making adjustments to accelerate the channel’s growth
We are looking for people who have:
- Experience creating successful YouTube content (from Shorts to long-form stories)
- A passion for video storytelling and the ability to spot what works and doesn’t work in video form
- Experience in business or a passion for business and startups
- An interest in telling stories that inform and entertain a business-minded audience
- Strong project management skills and an ability to keep colleagues on task
- A strong work ethic, drive, and determination to accomplish ambitious goals
- A proven track record of hitting or exceeding ambitious growth metrics
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively
- A flexible and open-minded approach to work, and a willingness to make adjustments based on audience feedback and channel metrics
- An interest in all things media, and a demonstrated history of media innovation
- Experience launching YouTube channels
- Personal experience growing a YouTube audience
- An understanding of the YouTube algorithm
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply we’d love to hear from you.