· Keep generator, solar panel, CCTV, lighting, and electrical systems including air-conditioning and heating systems in working order. Diagnose problems and then repair/replace defective parts.
· Need to act quickly when a breakdown occurs, must be able to explain management whether the problem can be corrected and whether business can continue as usual. If regular activities must be stopped, the electrician will have to estimate how long a shutdown will last.
· Make periodic inspection for new electrical services (120v, 240v and 480v three phase), including wiring, conduit, panels, breakers, contractors, relays, timers and controls and keep it in order at all times.
· Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
· Performs electrical maintenance and repair work; install/replace fixtures, switches, receptacles and wiring.
· Operates a variety of standard power tools, equipment, electrical appliances and trenchers in electrical installations, maintenance and repair activities on a regular basis.
· Determine the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components, and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem.
· Test systems with devices such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes and ohmmeters to ensure the system remains safe and that components are compatible.
· Review blueprints to understand the placement of wiring or to comprehend the working of the equipment to provide the right service and repairs.
· Keep records of all maintenance and repair work conducted, including a record of any supplies ordered and used.
· Provide suggestions on the lifespan of equipment and other electrical components, advising when certain components should be replaced due to potential risks.
· Provides guidance and direction to less experienced personnel and others assigned to his/her position.
· Compile and provide accurate reports on works undertaken, services provided, materials procured and used for installations/repairs including accurate generator fuel log books, to support accurate accounting and enable efficient planning for future works/services.
· Provide technical guidance to external contractors during specific maintenance schedules, to enable efficient and cost-effective services.
· Support supervisor in evaluating installation/repair works, compare prices of materials, and contribute to planning of future preventive maintenance works, to contribute to efficient and cost effective site maintenance services.
· Follow National Electrical Code state and local building regulations.
· Perform other duties **
Must know how to install circuits and electrical apparatuses, diagnose electrical problems in circuitry, make repairs that meet or exceed the standards of the IBC, and what constitutes proper preventive maintenance. Must know how to use diagnostic and safety equipment. Must know how to read and interpret construction and as-built drawings, schematics, manufacturers shop drawings, and performance curve charts and graphs. Must have a very good technical understanding of major building electrical systems, switchgear, panel boards, lighting and power outlets, equipment, and control wiring.
How to apply
Applications must be submitted online through WFP e-Recruitment System
- Internal WFP staff can access the VA through the internal WFP CAREER page via the link: http://newgo.wfp.org/services/e-recruitment
- External applicants are kindly requested to follow the link: http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions accurately and to attach your updated CV in English.
- Join WFP to be part of saving lives and changing lives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4rFCbNDXiw&feature=youtu.behttp://ar.wfp.org/videos/recruitment-video-ar
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.