Employment Agreement Operations Specialist
at Remote (View all jobs)
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance (learn more about how it works at remote.com/how-it-works). We’re backed by A+ investors and our team is world-class, literally and figuratively, as we’re all scattered around the world.
Please check out our public handbook (at remote.com/handbook) to learn more about our culture. We encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply. You can also check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor. If this job description resonates with you, we want to hear from you!
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
We use a LinkedIn feature called multiplexing, which creates several location-specific job postings for individual locations from a single global position we publish. Multiplexing enables us to make our global job post compatible with LinkedIn’s system and allows us to manage the inbound applications by location.
We encourage candidates to apply to any of these roles since they are factually global and we will make explicit mention of specific location details in the practical section below.
How we work
We love working async (www.notion.so/80c01cd443ad4c77a8ceaef7c5fba5d0) and this means you get to do your own schedule.
We empower ownership and proactivity and when in doubt default to action instead of waiting.
This is an exciting time to join Remote and make a personal difference in the global employment space as an Employment Agreement Operations Specialist joining our Legal and Onboarding Teams.
We are looking for a team of talented and eager paralegals to become specialists on employment agreements across all of Remote’s countries. This role will sit between our Legal and Onboarding Teams.
As Remote is increasing its global footprint, every expansion to a new country brings corporate, labour, and tax law issues. The Legal Team is responsible for the legal soundness of the business model, incorporation, and contract templates, along with contract negotiation and redlining, data protection and compliance. Next to this, we perform a legal analysis on new products and services, and advise other teams on legal matters.
As an Employment Agreement Operations Specialist you will be primarily responsible for drafting and negotiating employment agreements with clients and employees across geographies whilst ensuring legal compliance. This role is client-facing and directly impacting the way our client’s employees are being onboarded. It is ideal for someone with experience in high volume work, that loves solving problems and finding scalable solutions.
Because Remote is growing rapidly, it is anticipated that the remit of this role will expand and this will provide you with the opportunity to develop alongside the Legal and Onboarding Teams. We want to empower you to Own (one of our five core values) your projects and tasks as you become a key member of the Legal and Onboarding Teams.
- Negotiating employment agreements with clients and employees – you will need to be comfortable explaining clauses to clients and employees whilst upholding our value of Kindness
- Contract amendments
- Legal research across different legal systems
- Supporting the Legal and Onboarding Teams to ensure a seamless onboarding process for employees, this includes:
- determining root causes for delays, set backs and recommending and implementing solutions
- creating efficient processes so that legal questions can be answered in a timely manner
- suggesting templates amendments and developing playbooks
- Updating Notion (our source of truth) database and coordinating with the Legal and Onboarding Teams to reduce employment agreement amendment requests and improve documentation
- Perform administrative tasks as required
- Experience in Employment Law
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to switch between multiple different projects
- Ability to learn and master Remote’s communication application (Slack), contract management system (Juro), documentation sources (Notion, Google Drive, etc.), and assignment management system (Asana)
- Eager to learn about different legal systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills – this is an employee / client facing role
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take own responsibility
- Experience working in a fast paced, cross functional environment, ideally within a startup company
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience working with legal contracts
- Understanding of employment agreements in multiple countries
- Fluent in multiple languages
- Experience working remotely
- You’ll report to: Joseph Duffy
- Team: Legal / Onboarding
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- (async) Profile review
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with VP General Counsel
- Interview with future manager and a team member
- (async) Small challenge
- (async) Challenge Review
- Interview with a team member from the Onboarding team
- Prior employment verification check(s)
- (async) Offer
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair unbiased compensation and fair pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labour practices and therefore pay a minimum annual salary of USD 40,000 per year, in all locations throughout the world. Actual compensation may vary based upon geographical location, experience, and/or skill level. However, it will never be below our minimum global compensation mentioned.
In New York and Colorado, in particular, the base compensation range for this role (including all mandatory allowances/bonuses) is 138,000 – 215,000. Actual compensation is decided once the interview process is concluded and an assessment of experience; competencies and skills; internal equity and calibration to market data is complete. Successful Candidates outside these location(s) will have our geo-range philosophy applied. Please see further information on our pay philosophy here: Total Rewards at Remote. Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. 8-5-101 et seq.
You can learn more about the benefits we’re offering to all internal employees at Remote by visiting our public Benefits & Perks Handbook page (at www.notion.so/people-Benefits-perks-1e48a5869c274f40910b76d405b92f63).