At Slab, we believe that knowledge is the foundation of any organization’s success. When a team’s collective knowledge is accessible, that team’s potential is limitless. That’s why we’re making the workplace a source of learning and purpose through knowledge-sharing. Our product helps teams easily create, organize, and discover knowledge across the entire company, from non-technical to tech-savvy. Thousands of customers rely on Slab across their entire workforces, including Asana, Benchling, and Fivetran.
As Slab grows, we are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead our talented and driven team. You will help define the engineering roadmap, design workflows to maximize the team’s productivity, and hire and grow individual members. As the first Engineering Manager at Slab, you will play a pivotal role in our success.
Technologies we use
- React + TypeScript + Sass
- GraphQL + Apollo + Absinthe
- Elixir + Phoenix
- Postgres + Redis
- Docker + Kubernetes
- Google Cloud Platform
Sound like you?
- You have demonstrated a track record in managing a high-performance Engineering team
- You have a solid technical foundation, with experiences as an individual contributor
- You are passionate about helping others to grow
- You communicate clearly and concisely, whether with teammates or users.
- You are passionate about knowledge-sharing and identify with Slab’s mission and values
What we value
- Stay lean – We strive for the greatest possible impact with the fewest number of employees. We empower our teammates with the most leveraged tools and efficient processes.
- Default to open – We encourage and nurture open exchanges of knowledge and ideas while acting with respect and regard for each other.
- Think rigorously – We act and execute after careful thought and examination of known information, while acknowledging the risks we accept in its absence.
- Say no – We aim to deliver exceptionally high value in a small set of focus areas. We willingly abstain from good ideas to give only the most promising paths the attention they deserve.
- The best prevails – Whether an idea or an individual, the best will rise to the top at Slab. Ideas we pursue can come from anywhere, and individuals gain responsibilities due to outperformance.
- Global optimization – We believe that our mission to make the workplace a source of learning and purpose is the ultimate priority, above any single project, team, or individual.
- Full health insurance (USA) or stipend (International)
- Wellness & remote work stipends
- $5k workspace setup, renewed biannually
- 7-year options exercise window
Slab is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.