Engineering Manager in Test – Core Backend
ENGINEERING – LEADERSHIP
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role
Kraken is looking for experienced engineering managers to build and lead various backend test engineering working groups. This is an opportunity to grow a team of world class engineers who are deeply passionate about cryptocurrency, security, and amazing user experiences. We’re a diverse group of engineers that are dedicated to making cryptocurrency available and accessible to the world and enabling people from all walks of life to invest in their independence. The Kraken experience needs to be ambitious, simple, and user-centered; come and help us make that happen!
To be successful in this role, you need to be a strong people manager; great at giving and receiving feedback, fostering new ideas, and empowering others in a remote environment. You also need a strong software engineering background, to have a thorough understanding of technical architecture, system design, and problem solving intuition on sophisticated technical challenges. You’re able to quickly ship new products and features by giving your teams the freedom and flexibility to develop the best possible solutions.
Preferred Qualifications and experience
- An advanced degree in computer science or engineering discipline.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Experience with software architecture, testing APIs and event driven systems
- 5+ years leading engineering teams.
- 2+ years of experience managing remote teams.
- Looking to potentially grow into a director role.
- You are passionate about software engineering, improving processes, and driving change.
- You keep a close watch on modern technologies and can program in Python,RUST or C++