Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote; Freelance
As a remote QA Team Lead at Paymentology you’ll be leading a team of QA engineers that will be working within the Engineering team to test enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing systems that power tens of millions of transactions and tie them to web, mobile and API interfaces that make it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid and credit cards all over the world.
This position requires to lead the testing of our entire platform and to build an automated test suite that allows us to continuously deliver our services and applications into production.
What you get to do:
- Line managing and mentoring a growing team of test engineers by providing
feedback, leading critiques, and elevating the output of the team
• Build a quality driven engineering culture
• Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements and design test coverage plan
• Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data, and automated scripts
• Build from scratch a test automation framework for our back-end services written in Java and ColdFusion
• Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
• Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes. Escalate any potential quality issues to management in a timely manner
• Define and implement quality metrics to measure the overall quality of the products over time.
• Partner with engineering and infrastructure teams to leverage automation for scalable solutions in order to automate as much as possible.
What it takes to succeed:
- 6+ years of software development and/or quality assurance and test engineering experience
• Hands-on experience with test planning, test designing and execution, performance, and stress testing, implementing and maintaining quality test automation of computer systems
• Experience with setting up automated acceptance test frameworks for back-end services from scratch
• Familiarity with tools and frameworks for functional and integration testing of microservices, specific knowledge of industry standard test automation tools & automation frameworks is an advantage
• Experience of deploying test frameworks to the Cloud
• Organisational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience
• Communication, analytical and problem-solving experience
• Experience communicating effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
• Experience working with medium to large engineering teams
Above all, the ideal candidate is methodical, a self-starter, and passionate about quality and software development.
English is our company language, so it’s important that you be able to communicate at a fluent level. This is a full-time, remote contractor position. Flexible hours are a must for our remote team.
What you can look forward to:
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. As values are important to us, you can look forward to working alongside fellow Paymentologists, who share these values. You’ll be part of a team that is passionate about making a difference on a global scale.
We focus on building strong, diverse teams built from different backgrounds, experiences & identities.