Who we are
Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search.
Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com and follow us at @kentikinc.
ABOUT THE ROLE
If you have exceptional organizational skills and love planning memorable and effective events, we would love to have you join our team as an event coordinator. In collaboration with our team, you will help coordinate all our events in the US and internationally to create flawless experiences for customers, partners, and prospects.
Kentik is a global brand that organizes numerous meetings, conferences, and events for prospects and customers throughout the year. We are passionate about creating amazing experiences for network engineers. We have a lot of fun, and offer a creative and supportive work environment.
- Meet with the marketing team, sales team, and executives to gain a complete understanding of the requirements for each event
- Research vendors and make selections based on creativity, quality, and cost
- Partner with vendors to support large and small-scale events, while meeting budgetary objectives
- Book venues and schedule guests, which includes contract drafting and confirmation and day-of logistics
- Engage with contractors as needed across all functions of an event (registration, set up, catering, audio/visual, etc.)
- Day-to-day administration of events and programs including placing orders, monitoring vendors, travel planning, restaurant reservations, facilitating company attendees, monitoring registration, tracking RSVPs, answering questions, and resolving issues
- Collaborate with marketing and the graphic design team for swag management, and facilitation via Sendoso and international warehouses
- Post-event tasks reviews and documentation
- Proven experience in event planning or event coordination in a corporate environment
- A proven track record of organizing successful events
- Outstanding communication, vendor management, and negotiation skills
- Experience managing budgets and expense tracking
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills with strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with Google Docs and Slides
- Able to remain focused on customer outcomes
- Problem-solving ability
- Past experience working with colleagues in graphic design, sales, marketing, and communications specialties
- 2-4 years experience in event planning, coordination, and/or management. A degree in hospitality management, public relations, or relevant field is preferred
Preferred (but not required)
- Experience at a B2B SAAS experience, selling to a technical audience
- Hands-on experience with Marketo is a plus
- 100% company-paid health insurance for you and your dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) for you and your dependents
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Stock options
- Vanguard 401(k)
- Flexible time off
- Parental and medical leave
- Monthly wellness stipend
- A generous budget for new equipment and home office set up
- Internet and phone reimbursement
- Remote work
- And more!
*Perks are as listed for US employees. Local health insurance coverage and similar perks vary for employees outside of the US.
Come work with us
The true meaning of Kentik is visibility. We’re committed to making sure everyone feels empowered to use their voice, has a sense of belonging, and is represented at Kentik.
We don’t look for individuals who fit the culture, but those who will continue to add to the culture.
We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who are underrepresented in the industry: people of color, LGBTQI+ community, women, individuals with disabilities (both seen and unseen), veterans, and people of any age or family status.
Come as you are!
You will be working at a fast-growing, well-funded startup alongside industry thought leaders and network aficionados as we build the future of observability and set the high bar for how network operations and digital businesses should run. With a competitive salary and amazing benefits on top of the meaningful and challenging projects you’ll take on, we’re sure you’ll enjoy joining the Kentik team.