At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in Canada or the USA
About the team
Kinaxis is seeking a high energy, results-oriented Events Coordinator to join our growing Marketing team. Contributing to a variety of integrated marketing programs that are both planned and underway, and working closely with employees across all departments at Kinaxis, the Events Coordinator will contribute directly to the corporate goals and objectives through the daily co-ordination of multiple concurrent marketing events. A core area of focus will be project management of internal events both online and offline.
What you will do
- Assist in managing our external marketing events (tradeshows, conferences, , etc.) including coordination and execution of logistics and administrative support.
- Plan and support internal meetings – executive meetings, sales meetings, team-building activities for marketing and other departments, etc.
- Plan and support a variety of virtual meetings – from larger hybrid meetings to smaller webinars and meetings
- Maintain company’s event calendar and ensure that sales and marketing teams are proactively informed of upcoming events within Highspot
- Monitor the Events team email inbox and follow up on questions and requests as required
- Provide support to the Events Team: recommend procedures and solutions, track progress, review invoices, and monitor the budget, follow-up with suppliers
- Liaise with vendors and ensure coordination of AV, transportation, catering, etc., as needed
- Reconcile events credit cards and review open event POs on a regular cadence
What we are looking for
In addition to a post-secondary diploma or degree in a related discipline, you possess:
- 2+ years of progressive events-related experience in a global organization. High-tech experience is an asset
- Ability to organize and manage multiple simultaneous projects and independently complete end to end tasks on time
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure, ever-changing environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented; exceptional time management and prioritization skills
- Experience with Cvent, and Salesforce
- Confident yet humble, curious learner who is always open to new ideas
- Team player who values culture
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work – We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People – We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact – As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at: This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.