Events Specialist (Remote)
Remote, Remote – United States
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Events Specialist will support the Center of Excellence (CoE) and Pinkerton in bringing together Pinkerton Dedicated Professionals (PDPs) to strengthen connectivity, build peer-to-peer relationships and facilitate the exchange of know-how & best practices through the end-to-end management of in-person and online events across the world. The scope and type of event may range significantly from small meetings of Subject Matter Experts to large country-wide in-person gatherings. This position can be based anywhere (remote) within the United States.
- Represent Pinkerton’s core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Identify opportunities for PDP connectivity through direct interaction with PDPs, and in collaboration with CoE colleagues and Account Management teams.
- Research and assess the relevance of each proposed event (by region, type of role, sector, etc.).
- Work with Pinkerton leadership, CoE colleagues, Account Management, and local Pinkerton teams to evaluate the viability of each proposed event, including a consideration of costs involved and expected benefits/outcomes.
- Organize the approved events, both online and in person, working with Pinkerton and external stakeholders as required.
- After the event, gather feedback from participants, evaluate outcomes, and report findings to the relevant stakeholders.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Associates degree and three to five years of work experience in event organization & management, ideally in a corporate environment. Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
- Demonstrable interest in the full cycle of event management: planning, execution, and reporting on outcomes.
- Able to work independently at all stages of the event management cycle, including dealing with third-party vendors and partners as required.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Strong client orientation.
- Attentive to detail, accuracy, and record-keeping.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Understands the importance of diversity and inclusion by embedding thoughtful communication within every interaction and engagement.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
- Frequent sitting.
- Remote work environment.
Salary & Benefits Information:
Rate of pay: $60000 / year.
Benefit options include employer-paid life and AD&D, voluntary life and AD&D, medical, (HSA) Health Savings Account, (FSA) Flexible Savings Account, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(K), paid time off (vacation, personal, sick, and holidays) and several employee assistance-related programs. This information provides a brief benefit overview. Upon the acceptance of an employment offer, the new employee will receive comprehensive plan details based on specific eligibility rules.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.