Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology and top-notch customer service.
Our technology-forward omnichannel and API-first solution allows any merchant to offer protection plans, both online and in store, while also providing a merchant’s end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters. More recently, Extend also launched a shipping protection solution, covering consumers in the case of lost, damaged or stolen packages. This is further expanding the company’s addressable market and value creation for merchants.
We are a venture-backed startup in downtown San Francisco led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend simplifies the technology stack for the product and shipping protection industries.
About the Role:
Extend is looking for a highly adaptable, motivated and execution-oriented Executive Assistant who enjoys working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment that is high energy and mission and results-driven.
This role will support the General Counsel, SVP of Operations and Chief People Officer and have the opportunity to work on a broad range of matters and make an impact. The dynamic nature of the role requires that the ideal candidate be able to self-motivate and have exceptional organizational, communication and time management skills, as well as the ability to identify and anticipate executives’ needs. The individual must interact seamlessly and professionally company-wide to enable executives to be more efficient and impactful. To perform this job successfully, the individual is expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel and institutional information professionally and discreetly.
This is a role for a proactive, collaborative and team-oriented problem solver, who can multi-task and exercise judgment in prioritizing calendars, meetings and projects generated from multiple inputs. If you are looking to be part of a hardworking and fun team, we’d love to talk with you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Combination of business (75%) and personal (25%) support to a small group of executives (3).
- Primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to each executive’s office.
- Acting as a confidant and liaison to other managing internal stakeholders, external partners and others as executives see fit.
- Heavy scheduling (Google Apps proficiency) and management of executives’ time.
- Taking initiative to research and provide executives with materials needed for meetings.
- Composing correspondence on behalf of executives to be shared internally and externally.
- Coordinating complex travel arrangements and detailed itineraries (candidate not required to travel right now).
- Organize, execute and assist with special events and offsites, including all logistics and budgetary requirements designed to build culture and teamwork.
- Attend meetings to assist in capturing timelines and action items to deliver progress updates
- Help maximize productivity by anticipating challenges before they arise.
- Managing expenses, paying bills and maintaining well-documented financial files.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience supporting C-Level executives in a fast paced, innovative environment.
- This role is a fully remote – work from home role that requires the ability to manage across time zones and balance priorities without in-person guidance.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders, external partners and household staff.
- Highly process-oriented and organized.
- Proactive problem solver; doesn’t wait to be directed.
- Ability to keep pace and partner with busy executives to ensure they are abreast of projects, upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately with minimal interaction to respect their time.
- Extraordinary organizational skills, and an appreciation for the challenges of supporting a growing team with diverse personalities.
- Background in managing multiple teams across multiple geographic locations and time zones, in a remote working environment.
Expected Pay Range: $100,000 – $125,000*
*The target base salary range for this position is listed above. Individual salaries are determined based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, work location and job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Very generous, flexible paid time off policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.