at Saga Education
Employment Status: Full-time
Reports to: Chief People & Culture Officer
Anticipated compensation: Starting at $66,800; Commensurate with experience
Who We Are
Saga Education is a national nonprofit aimed at confronting educational inequity by supporting historically marginalized schools and their students. Saga Education has dedicated itself to providing high-impact, in-school math tutoring in partnership with public high schools. Since our founding in 2014, Saga Education and our AmeriCorps Member Math Fellows have served over 22,600 students across Chicago, New York City, Washington, D.C, Providence, RI, Charleston, SC, and Broward County, FL.
For more information about Saga Education’s mission, please visit us at
The Work and Why it Matters
Educational inequity doesn’t have to be a fact. We know every student is capable of earning success in school and in life, but often do not receive the individualized support they deserve. Implementing academic interventions that address the inequities faced by historically marginalized students continues to be one of our nation’s most urgent challenges. While educators, and students alike, have experienced many unprecedented challenges recently, educators continue to report that their top concern is students falling behind in math. This concern is heightened for educators in high-poverty districts who predominantly teach Black or Latinx students.
At Saga Education, we leverage the best of technology and human instruction to maximize learning, to improve student confidence, and to help students feel connected to a caring adult in school. Now more than ever, we need talented, caring, and capable people, committed to supporting our students in their academic and social development.
The Executive Assistant will provide a full range of administrative and organizational support for four members of the Executive Leadership Team. This role will tentatively spend 25% of its time with each member of the Executive Leadership Team. The Executive Assistant will interact with a diverse group of high-level external contacts, including the Board of Directors, donors, and external representatives.
- You will accompany Executive travel 15% – 20% of the time
- You will handle confidential and sensitive correspondence that requires exercising a high degree of professionalism, discretion, tact, resourcefulness, and initiative
- You will manage schedules, calendars, travel, and receipts for the Executive Leadership Team
- You will compose confidential and sensitive correspondence dealing with issues and subject matters
- You will create presentations that support the work of the Executive Leadership Team
- You will manage communication for external stakeholders, board members, and internal cross-functional teams
- You will document, and maintain leadership meeting minutes
- You will design, implement, and support departmental policies and procedures
- Action-Oriented – You take on new opportunities and have a solutions-oriented approach
- Communicates Effectively – You deliver clear, multi-mode communication to various audiences
- Interpersonal Savvy – You relate opening and comfortably with diverse groups
- Nimble Learning – You use both successes and failures to actively learn new lessons
Experience & Qualifications
- You have 3-5 years experience supporting executive leadership teams, required
- You are proficient in G-Suite, Office tools, and applications, required
- You have project management experience, preferred
- You have experience using or knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order, preferred
Saga Education offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a comprehensive benefits package, generous PTO, as well as opt-in programs such as 401k retirement plan, flexible spending account (FSA), and discounts through ADP’s LifeMart. Saga Education will provide company-owned technology when applicable.
Saga Education provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants.
People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Thank you for applying to Saga Education.