Remote – US
Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We’re driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is searching for a highly adaptable, motivated, and execution-oriented Executive Assistant. You will directly support 2-3 executives within the R&D organization, and will be responsible for executing administrative duties and special projects. The ideal candidate is self-directed and autonomous, is capable of managing a varied workload from multiple inputs, and can prioritize the day-to-day against the bigger picture.
Reporting to the Manager of Administrative Operations, you will work alongside a team of fellow EAs, executives, and key departmental stakeholders to provide top-tier administrative support. Organizational and project management skills are paramount to this role – if you have experience supporting R&D, product or Hardware organizations, we want to meet with you!
In this role, you will:
- Manage and optimize multiple executive calendars
- Be a representative of your executive, including meeting coordination, email correspondence, liaising between departments and key stakeholders, and taking meeting minutes
- Assist in creating and managing agendas for departmental staff meetings
- Help organize and plan for internal events (offsites, team-building, etc.)
- Plan and book complex travel itineraries
- Lead special projects under your executive’s direction
- Anticipate and react to executive requests in an expedient manner
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 2-5 years of experience providing administrative support to senior executives
- Familiarity with Product and R&D teams at a SaaS or hardware company
- Ability to proactively notice inefficiencies and solve problems, with little guidance
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive with a strong bias to action
- A strong sense of direction around sensitive scenarios and confidential information
- Familiarity with a startup environment and strong understanding of how business works
- Friendly and professional demeanor and is excited about contributing to our team culture
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email email@example.com or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.