Women Make Movies (WMM) is a non-profit media organization based in New York City. For more than 45 years, we have been championing the diverse world of women filmmakers and their stories. We are one of the leading advocates for women making movies, and we proudly support women producers and directors from the beginning, planting the seeds for a diverse and inclusive filmmaking landscape. As the world’s leading distributor of independent films by and about women, we amplify historically ignored voices and challenge the mainstream media. WMM-supported films and filmmakers have been recognized at Sundance, the Emmys, the Peabody Awards, and the Academy Awards. We are deeply committed to diversity and inclusion it’s part of our DNA.
Description of the Role
WMM is seeking an Executive Assistant to work directly for the Executive Director and the Managing Director. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist the ED and MD in any and all areas of their jobs.
The position is currently remote but might require in-person presence in the future. We are ideally seeking applicants from the NYC Metro region, but we will consider qualified applications from other geographic locations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Execute a wide-range of administrative tasks as needed by the ED and MD;
- Maintain files and confidential data for ED and MD;
- Schedule meetings and coordinate agendas, itineraries and travel arrangements for the ED & MD;
- Responsible for ensuring individual donor thank you letters are sent out in a timely fashion;
- Assist with Development research and support;
- Perform research projects as assigned and collect information required for meetings, lectures, or reports;
- Assist ED in her function as Board liaison to the organization and assist in arrangements for board meetings; including taking minutes and distributing them;
- Database maintenance and data entry as needed;
- Assist with contract management and contract renewals as needed; and
- Takes on special projects as needed.
- Experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- A commitment to the mission of Women Make Movies.
- Technically savvy and undaunted by new software or applications.
- Experience the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to thrive, multitask, and meet deadlines in a quickly changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to keep track of details for multiple projects and deadlines at once, while working remotely.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to keep organizational confidences and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of partners and contacts.
The following qualifications are a plus
- Experience with Salesforce;
- Experience with Development or an interest in this area; and/or
- Experience with Excel and an inclination for data analysis.
- 20 hours per week with possibility for growth
$20-24/hr depending on experience.
Women Make Movies is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women of color, LGBTIA, and older women to apply.
Professional Level: Assistant
Minimum Education Required: 4-year degree or relevant experience