Executive Assistant to CEO
Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a passionate and driven team of more than 3,660 full-time employees in North America and the Philippines. SunPower provides world-class solar solutions to residential customers across the U.S. with a commitment to a superior customer experience. We welcome forward thinkers, freedom chasers and all those demanding better, cleaner energy to join us.
Overview of the Position
The Executive Assistant (EA) will be a seasoned professional, fully competent in running a fast-paced CEO’s office. The EA provides a full range of strategic administrative support for Peter Faricy, the CEO and Chairman of the Board. This role reports directly to the CEO and oversees and directs the work of an Administrative Assistant who manages many of the administrative needs of the Office of the CEO. The CEO joined the company in 2021, bringing in new executive leadership members for the future growth of the company. The role is remote with the option to work in a future West Coast office. Attendance at monthly leadership offsite meetings and quarterly board meetings in support of the CEO is preferred.
- Monitor the CEO’s emails throughout the day to keep abreast of business issues and shifting priorities. Ensure all emails received from customers are routed to the executive team to ensure timely follow-up.
- Maintain constant communication with the CEO via his preferred method of text and email.
- Facilitate communications between the CEO and his executive staff to ensure they are aware of the CEO’s priorities as they happen.
- Work closely with the external communications team to facilitate approvals of social media posts and press releases, scheduling and preparation for media interviews, and other external opportunities.
- Coordinate with the internal corporate communications team to manage the CEO’s all-employee emails; scheduling of and preparation for quarterly All Hands meetings, Senior Leadership Briefings, and Employee Recognition Spotlight Awards.
- Work closely with the CEO’s outside boards and organizations to maximize his efficiency and participation.
- Coordinate the CEO’s participation in financial planning meetings with TotalEnergies.
Calendar, Meeting and Travel Management
- Manage the CEO’s business and personal calendar in alignment with his priorities and ensure all details – including reference and preparation materials – are on his calendar, and ensure the CEO’s privacy is maintained.
- Create and maintain the company corporate calendar in collaboration with internal stakeholders and communicate updates.
- Coordinate the CEO’s travel and provide all preparation materials ahead of the trip, ensuring all details are included on the calendar.
- Collaborate with external communications, marketing, sales, investor relations, and policy teams on CEO’s speaking engagements, media interviews and events, participation in SunPower conferences and summits, legislative meetings, industry conferences, and customer meetings. Assemble key information to provide talking points and briefing materials for the CEO.
- Coordinate all logistics and arrangements for monthly executive leadership team offsites.
- Proactively prepare the agenda and participate in the CEO’s weekly executive staff meetings. Be prepared to share relevant information during the meeting.
- Work closely with Human Resources to onboard and support new Executive Staff members, and coordinate on assigning administrative support for new staff.
- Work closely with the office of the General Counsel/Corporate Secretary to provide guidance on board meeting planning and logistics, board member onboarding, and board communications to effectively represent the CEO/Chairman’s preferences.
- Create the board meeting attendance matrix for the CEO’s approval.
- Attend the quarterly board and committee meetings and monitor attendees on Zoom; ensure privacy is maintained by logging off during executive sessions.
- Serve as liaison to the board and create a close working relationship through professional, courteous, timely, and respectful communications. Assist the CEO in compiling his board presentation with an error-free and consistent format.
- Assist the CEO to assemble, proof-read and send board update emails, including appropriate attachments.
- Meet weekly with the legal team on board planning and preparation. Provide guidance to the team to ensure the CEO’s requirements are met, and follow up on answers needed from the CEO.
- Provide leadership to the executive assistant team; coordinate daily team meetings to facilitate communications with team cohesion, and share critical business information.
- Direct and oversee the work of an administrative assistant, who is responsible for calendaring support, booking travel, expense reports, purchase requisitions, planning and implementing all logistics for monthly “Leadership Weeks”, and other responsibilities as needed to support the CEO’s office.
Ideal Professional Traits
- Extremely attentive to details, particularly with written communications, and PowerPoint presentations
- Highly responsive and resourceful
- Ability to anticipate needs and use good business judgment in escalating priority issues
- Extremely confidential; experienced in handling highly sensitive information discreetly
- Strong collaboration skills and dedicated to team success
- Accountable, responsible, and able to work independently
- Very flexible, able to pivot quickly as priorities change
- Strong interpersonal skills; serve as an ambassador for the CEO’s office
- Professional demeanor; calm, polite, kind, well-spoken
- Tech-savvy and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, OneNote, Oracle, Slack, Teams, and Zoom
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree required
- Seven + years of solid experience, supporting executives, C-level individuals, and teams
- Previous experience supporting a CEO is preferred
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and underrepresented minorities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At SunPower, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.