Location: US or Canada Locations in the Pacific Time Zone; 100% Remote
Executive Assistant to the CEO
Who are we?
The SaaS Academy Team is on a mission to help Software as a Service (SaaS) companies grow to new heights through world-class coaching and training.
Our CEO, Dan Martell is an award-winning entrepreneur and investor who has founded multiple companies. He was named Canada’s top angel investor and he’s completed over 40+ investments with amazing companies like Udemy, Intercom, and Unbounce.
We have big plans for the future, we’re growing fast and now, we need you to help scale to new heights and continue to provide incredible support to entrepreneurs.
What’s the gig?
We’re searching for an assistant to execute administrative tasks and manage projects for our Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Dan Martell. This isn’t a position for the faint of heart. We’re a team of driven, A-players who have high expectations and high output. If you’re easily overwhelmed or uncomfortable working in a fast-paced remote environment, this position won’t be a good fit for you.
This role will work closely with the CEO to manage his time, calendar, inbox, and payments.
The North Star principles for this position are:
- Protect CEO’s Time: Filter all inbound requests to keep an eye out for those people/places/things that are important and help prioritize them
- Efficient Calendar Management: Be clear, committed, and include context
- Ensure that Everyone Appreciates the Response: Whether that’s a clear ‘yes’ with the appropriate calendar info for an upcoming meeting or a ‘not at this time’ reply, every email and correspondence should be answered clearly and kindly
- Read the Play: Be preemptive and proactive. Come prepared and aware of all the moving pieces and how to address them ahead of time
In short, does this sound like you?
- Organizer. You have impeccable attention to detail, you look to improve processes and you anticipate every eventuality
- Strategist. You approach a project methodically and you’re a keen problem-solver
- Communicator. You have excellent written and verbal communication, and also provide candid feedback to all levels of leadership, including the CEO
- Adaptable. You thrive when you need to find solutions fast and you work fast and efficiently to get the job done
- Efficient. You know how to manage your time well and can help others do the same
- Initiative. You anticipate needs and enjoy tackling new challenges
Further, the skills that are a big plus for this role:
- You’re familiar with Xero, Hubspot, and Asana
- Experience with Google Sheets and data analysis/reporting or project management will be super helpful
- You’ve worked in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment before
Over time, the goal is that you’ll become an extension of our CEO by having the ability to anticipate needs, see around the corner, and remember things before he does. Because of this, the ability to build trust quickly is critical. We desire a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, discretion, and judgment, in both written and verbal communication.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience: 1+ years of experience in a similar role (Preferred)
- Graduation: Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Fluent in written and spoken English (Required)
- Location: You are based in Canada or the USA and live in the Pacific time zone. Hawaii is also acceptable (Required)
- Preferred Location: Kelowna, Canada
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Incredible communication and interpersonal skills
- Hands-on experience with tools like G-Suite, Excel (or Sheets), Asana, HubSpot, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- A proven track record in your ability to get things done
Benefits & Details
Generous Benefits: This is a full-time, work from home, role.
Please check out the How We Hire section on our website to see what the steps are for our hiring process. Taking the time to apply means a lot to us! If you apply, you’ll hear from us, whether we feel you’re a good match for us, or not, as part of our process.
We’re offering competitive compensation, commissions, and annual tech stipends – for things like software, computer equipment, webcams.