Executive Compensation Manager
job requisition id
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job we provide opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next, you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team. Bring your dreams.
R28833 Executive Compensation Manager (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Job Family Summary
Develops, implements and administers compensation such as salaries, short- and long-term incentives, job evaluations, performance appraisals, salary increases and salary surveys. May provide services in Executive Compensation, Corporate Compensation, Sales Compensation and other specialized areas of compensation.
Job Level Summary
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors.
- Has accountability for the performance and results of a team within own area of specialty.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
- Decisions and problem solving are guided by policies, procedures and department plan; receives guidance from manager.
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
- Oversee the research, design, development, implementation, and support a comprehensive executive compensation program, ensuring alignment with each business objectives, overall organization values and balancing market conditions, internal equity and long-term vision.
- Partner with the external Executive Compensation Consulting firm to complete market analysis, Board meeting preparation and materials for the Enterprise.
- Monitor and analyze trending information, economic and wage projections to ensure the organization`s executive compensation objectives and competitive market position are responsive to business needs.
- Develop and implement procedures and guidelines to ensure executive compensation programs are internally equitable and externally competitive.
- Establish an executive job structure for positions to include accurate job definition, internal valuing process and market data for benchmarking pay.
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated experience balancing strategic thinking with analytical and conceptual problem solving skills across a variety of programs and business partners.
- Demonstrated experience counseling and consulting to guide strategic business decisions across multiple levels of management.
- Demonstrated experience managing executive compensation programs and processes in a diverse multi-business unit organization.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, including people or project management.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of executive compensation concepts including compliance with state and federal laws.
- Minimal local travel may be required
Additional Job Information:
- This position may be office-based or work remotely. We are open to candidates working remotely anywhere in the United States.
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks.
- Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions.
- Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position.
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.