Short Vacancy Notice
Open to Internal & External Candidates
Finance Assistant – Treasury
Classification, Position Grade
General Staff, Grade G4 (2 positions)
Duty Station **
Type of Appointment
Special Short-Term contract – Six Months with possibility of extension**
Date of Issue
14 Feb 2022
28 Feb 2022
RMU/ Finance Department
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Context and Scope
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant and the overall supervision of the National Resource Management Officer (NRMO), the incumbent will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for entering payments, receipts and non-cash vouchers in the organization accounting system (PRISM FI) in line with assigned PRISM FI role.
- Ensure that all accounting documents are maintained and kept in a proper manner.
- Verify invoices and documents submitted by suppliers, staff members and before it entered into the system.
- Ensure that coding i.e. WBS and GL of accounting documentation is applied in line with the organization’s applicable rules and regulation.
- Participate in development and implementation of new financial procedures.
- Enable to handle mission’s petty cash when needed.
- Perform the filing for all posted vouchers with supporting documents or any document(s) related to finance in a proper manner, in line with department filing system regularly.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, or alternatively, an equivalent combination of relevant training and field experience, specifically in IOM accounting systems will be highly regarded with minimum Two years of finance/ accounting and administrative experience or; Diploma degree in above mentioned fields with minimum Four years of revelated experience.
· Ability to prepare clear and concise reports and to analyses and interpret source information and data.
· Knowledge of publicly recognized accounting systems (SAP, ATLAS, Oracle, etc.),software and procedures are a distinct advantage.
· High level of computer literacy is required computerized accounting systems. Good knowledge of MS office, specifically EXCEL
Fluency in English and Arabic oral & written is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply
- Interested external candidates are invited to submit their applications plus a cover letter via Akhtaboot website, by 28 Feb 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and Akhtaboot VN #149781 – Interested Internal candidates need to submit their application plus a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28 Feb 2022, their updated IOM Personal History (PH) Form or E-recruit Internal Candidate profile generated from PRISM Portal indicating the short vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the short vacancy notice he/she applied for in the email Subject line. Any application without this information in the subject line will be excluded from the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the Akhtaboot website: https://www.akhtaboot.com. Posting period: From 14 Feb 2022 – 28 Feb 2022