Financial Writer (1099 Contractor)
At Launch That, we invest in ourselves and our community. In 2020 and 2021, we were recognized as a top workplace by the Orlando Sentinel! Launch That was founded in 2007 as an entrepreneurial digital marketing startup that’s grown from two founders in a garage to almost 100 digital, tech, creative and content professionals in the heart of downtown Orlando.
About This Role
The Financial Writer will write and/or review a variety of content about financial topics for Launch That’s digital brands. This position is a 1099 contractor opportunity.
- Follow detailed content strategies, research the topics using reputable sources, and write articles between 1,000 and 3,000 words.
- Occasionally write content as a subject-matter expert for third-party websites.
- Submit completed articles within one week after receiving the assignment.
- Fact-check and proof all content to ensure it meets the content strategy, follows the brand’s style, tone and voice, is free of inaccuracies and errors, and is formatted correctly before submitting it to the editors.
- Follow established content guidelines.
- Provide content with a high level of financial expertise, authority and trustworthiness.
- Allow likeness and name to be used across the websites as a subject-matter expert.
- Communicate with the Managing Editor, Content Editors and Project Manager, and provide updates on production.
Qualifications & Skills
- 5-10 years writing about financial topics, including banking, investing, taxes, retirement planning, and insurance products.
- Expertise writing content for the web.
- Understanding search engine optimization best practices for content creation.
- Experienced researcher using reputable online sources.
- Professional designations (CFP, RICP, CRPC, CFA, CPA CLTC, NSSA)
- Professional financial experience.
- Experience writing content about annuities, Medicare, life insurance, retirement planning and personal finance.
If this sounds interesting to you, please submit your resume!