ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money is a financial technology company on a mission to develop and deliver affordable, accessible financial tools and services that empower people to use money as a tool for their happiness. Members benefit from loans funded by a national network of customer-focused lending partners and designed to help them accomplish their goals.
Backed by leading investors, Happy Money has helped nearly 205,000 members since inception working with lending partners to fund over $3.7 billion in loans*. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has a passionate and purpose-driven employee base of approximately 400 people across the United States. For more information, please visit happymoney.com.
The Fraud Operations Team is looking for a world-class Fraud Analyst to be a key player within the Verifications Team. Responsibilities will include conducting analysis on flagged loan applications to determine potential fraud and then making a decision on whether or not to move forward with the application based on the analysis. We are looking for a team player who is organized and has great verbal and written communication skills.
About The Role:
- Review loan applications flagged by automated systems from the verification stage to the funding stage.
- Conducting fraud and quality control reviews including analyzing and interpreting all types of credit information and documentation types within loan applications to determine applicant’s financial condition, ability to repay, and fraud risks.
- Conducting over-the-phone interviews with potential victims of identity theft.
- Monitoring real-time queues using various fraud detection tools and analyzing high-risk applications to detect suspicious behavior.
- Reviewing and analyzing high-risk applications and determining if applications are fraudulent or legitimate and take appropriate action(s).
- Reporting suspicious or unusual activity to our bank partners.
- Maintaining established service level agreements and guidelines for timely resolution of high-risk applications to minimize potential losses.
- 1+ years of fraud experience in a financial institution.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Take a ‘can-do,’ flexible, and proactive approach to identifying the root cause of complex issues and resolving difficult problems.
- Have the ability to adapt quickly to new processes.
- Are an independent decision-maker and problem-solver with capabilities based on analytical data, which may include creative thinking and keen business judgment.
- Have superb attention to detail and a proven interest in online fraud prevention.
- Detective-like mentality, while mitigating risk for the Company.
- Have strong organizational skills and establish priorities quickly.
- Have shown the ability to make logical and commercial decisions based on partial data and under time pressure.
- Are able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities.
- Are an efficient team player who can also resolve problems independently.
Bonus Points For:
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as needed or assigned.
- Competitive salary and equity in a high-growth start-up
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options covered at 100% for you & family
- 401k Plan with a matching contribution
- Generous PTO
- Monthly Health and Wellness Days
- 12 Weeks Paid Family Leave
- Company-paid short & long-term disability and life insurance
- Happy Home Allowance to contribute to your home office workspace
- Happy Money is a 100% fully distributed workforce